Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    goobie Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2006, 07:44 AM
    Must hit send/rec to receive email in outlook 2003
    Hello everyone, I am new to this site so please bear with me as I learn.
    My question is: I set a friend up with a linksys router on his desktop, and set up email accts. For he and his wife, in outlook 2003 on his laptop. Laptop connects to internet fine (wirelessly), sends email automatically when you hit send, BUT they have to hit send/receive to receive any emails. We have checked the send/receive options all seem OK. They do have McAfee virus protection on the laptop. Could that have an effect on their receiving emails?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    SHAVED Posts: 275, Reputation: 41

Jan 31, 2006, 11:44 AM
    Hi,
    You have mentioned that the send and receive option is OK. Did you check it in the mail set up. If not do the following.
    Click Tools Menu > Options > Mail Set up > Send and Receive.
    Check "Schedule an automatic send and receive " and select the time you prefer (3 minutes or 5 minutes or what so ever). Check both including the off line messages as well.

I hope it will work. If you don't succeed then try disabling McAfee for sometime and check opening the Outook and see what is happening.

Feb 1, 2006, 10:41 AM
    Hi,
    I forgot to add another hint. In your outlook you will be using the Standard Tool Bar. There is a Send & Receive button with a dropdown list and at the end there is an option Send & Receive Settings. Could you check if that is disabled? Sometimes it will be disabled with a tick mark. Enable it from there as well.
    goobie Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2006, 02:58 PM
    Problem Solved Thanks Again Shaved!! :d

Feb 1, 2006, 09:43 PM
    Hi goobie,
    Please post a comment on my post.
    Tx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Run rules and alerts before junk email filter in Outlook 2003 [ 1 Answers ]

With SP1, Outlook 2003 stopped running rules on emails that were determined to be spam, http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=842510#XSLTH3133121121120121120120. Is there anyway I can have the rules run again? If not, how do I uninstall SP1? Thanks.

I couldn't send and receive email from outlook 2003 [ 4 Answers ]

I have a problem to send and receive email from outlook 2003 behind a linksys router. I configured my outlook 2003 auto send & receive email in every 1 min. When outlook starts send & receive process, It would pop up a window asking me Enter Network Password. When I click OK, it keeps pop up again...

Outlook 2000 / Exchange 2003: email addresses resolves very slowly [ 2 Answers ]

This is happeneing only to one particular user who received a new computer. When she start a new message and types in the person's name she uses the "Check name" button to resolve the name from the Global Address List. Outlook hangs for about a minute (it's supposed to be instantaneous) then the...

Outlook won't send email [ 0 Answers ]

View more questions Search