Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shaneze Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2008, 03:50 PM
    Want to stop hydroquinine cream but afraid how will my skin react
    Hi
    Im new here and would like to know your advices please
    Last year I went a lot out in the sun and my skin became very tanned and uneven(more than few years back when I went out in sun)
    .Im from India,light brown skin.Whenever I expose to sun even if its for few minutes it darkens very fast.
    But I don't like the color.My sisters when they go in sun they have nice color but not me
    After that I started a cream(so many persons told me its wonderful iy works etc).Its about stillman bleach cream,fair&lovely and archie pearl cream.Its a mix of theses three creams.
    My skin has lighten.But I'm wondering if it really worked or did my skin lighten because of winter.cause I have acne blemish and it still here.and my skin color is same as it was last year in winter

The problem is I'm very afraid cause I read on net that the archie cream contains mercury and its very dangerous.I think stillman contains hydroquinie
    Do you think if I stop applying this cream my skin will become more darker that it was before and with more spots?
    Now my skin is light brown and its OK for me but I don't want it to be more dark.
    I have used this cream since for 4 months and 2 weeks now.
    I would like to use Diana stalder to help me keeping this skin color as I read many good reviews here about this product

Anyone who used hydroquinine how did your skin react when you stopped using it?
    Im very angry cause I wasn't very careful when I started this cream(it s a cream many people in the subcontinent-india,pakistan-use)
    And also do you think about the archie cream wich contains mercure,should I go to a doctor and make some test?because I read mercure can damage nerves etc and that it goes deep in the skin.But I'm a bit ashamed to tell the doctor I used this kind of cream to lighten my skin
    Please give me your advices.Thanks a lot
    Sorry for the long message
    1headphones1 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2008, 07:05 PM
    I've known people who stopped using hydroquinone cream and their skin came back darker...

This might not b in all cases but that's from what I've known...

And don't b ashamed to go to the doctor... its your own health..
    :)
    mon86ica Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2008, 08:36 PM
    Hi, yes your skin will return to its normal color when you stop using it. I really suggest you talk to your dermatologist, and stop using the product with mercury in it. THAT IS TOXIC, and its probably causing brain damage. You can switch to natural products, that contain mulberry extract, kojic acid, etc, and they will help keep your skin color and its safe.. I am on birth control right now, and get dark spots on my face and my doctor provided me with retinol and its helps even you out and lightens a little. Also, you can try clearessence.com, they have botanical soaps and lotions you can try.

Mar 10, 2008, 03:39 AM
    Hi
    Thanks to both of you for replying
    But I'm wondering... I read that sometime doctors prescribe cream with hydroquinone for removing brown acne spots etc... and I don't think theses persons use hydroquinone their all life? and when they stop does it mean that their acne spots re appear?
    So why dermatologist prescribe creams with hydroquinone?
    I think I will have an urine test for mercury.
    Is there a way to stop hydroquinone and maintain my skincolor??
    Thanks
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Mar 11, 2008, 05:31 AM
    The way to stop hydroquinone and maintain your new skin color is to switch to a natural skin lightener and use sunblock everyday.

Pretty simple routine to maintain.

Mar 11, 2008, 08:14 AM
    Hi
    Thanks Nikkicute for your advice
    I was thinking of Diana Stadler lightener cream but there is kojic acid .Do u know if kojic acid is natural?
    Any sunblock is OK or it must be more than 50spf?
    Thanks
    gloomy123 Posts: 73, Reputation: 3

Mar 11, 2008, 11:05 AM
    I see that there's a lot of renewed interest in hydroquinone now. I wonder why? I used to use it before I messed myself up with mono. And I like the results. I should have stuck with it. 4% was my thing.
    sassyT Posts: 184, Reputation: 7

Mar 11, 2008, 11:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shaneze
    hi
    thanks Nikkicute for ur advice
    I was thinking of Diana Stadler lightener cream but there is kojic acid .Do u know if kojic acid is natural?
    Any sunblock is ok or it must be more than 50spf?
    thanks

Yes Kojic acid is 100% natural. It an extract from a mushroon fungus. I have been using DS for about 2 months now and I have seen some progress. DS, because it is natural does not have fast results like mercury and hydro.. but if you are light brown DS will work faster and better for you. The darker you are, the longer it takes to see results.
    I use the papaya soap and the whitening cream and they both worked well with my skin.

Mar 11, 2008, 03:22 PM
    Hi sassyT
    Do you think DS is OK for oily skin?
    Because I tried a lightening cream last year and I had many spots after that.
    But I'm thinking what happens when someone stop using lightening cream;i mean like DS wich are natural ingredients... because I can't imagine using lightening cream all my life!
    Do you also use the DS body lotion.And can you tell me if you use sunscreen and which one?
    Thanks
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Mar 11, 2008, 05:16 PM
    hi
    thanks Nikkicute for ur advice
    Any sunblock is ok or it must be more than 50spf?
    thanks
    I believe an SPF15 or 30 should do.
    But if you want to go higher that's OK.

I'm looking into purchasing Fallene Total Block
    Clear SPF 65 or Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock, SPF 45. I don't like greasy sunblocks that make your face shiny looking.
    Nicole82 Posts: 64, Reputation: 3

Mar 11, 2008, 07:14 PM
    I stopped using hydroquinone maybe 7 months ago because it started to irritate my skin I started using alpha arbutin and my skin became clearer with no bad reactions whatsoeva. When I used to try using hydroquinone again because its easier to find my skin became red and inflamed
    janice589 Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2008, 02:10 PM
    I used 4% hydroquinone and then stopped using it. A few weeks later I had a pimple that turned in a very dark scar, so it can mess up the skin.

I read that most sunscreens don't work and are dangerous. For the best ones see Skin Deep: Cosmetic Safety Database - Browse.

As far as mercury, if you do have mercury, you can see a doctor or Google a natural health site and do a detox on your own. I worried about that, too.

Mar 12, 2008, 02:33 PM
    Hi
    Janice you said you had a scar after you stopped hydroquinone.What did you do to finish with it?
    I will check the site
    Nikkicute I was also thinking about neutrogena sunscreen.
    janice589 Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2008, 04:22 PM
    For the scar, I tried using Meladerm for about a month but it wasn't working, so I was planning on buying Bio Claire or Diana Stalder since they got really good reviews.

Also, I read on the site that neutrogena is on the top of its worst list.

Hope this helps.

Mar 12, 2008, 04:39 PM
    Hi Janice
    Neutrogena... I ve seen on many sites that it's a good sunscreen... I will do some search again.thanks
    I also plan to buy Diana Stalder
    muna Posts: 147, Reputation: 5
    -

Mar 12, 2008, 05:00 PM
    Sunscreen protects the skin from burning, It doesn't stop tanning
    sassyT Posts: 184, Reputation: 7

Mar 13, 2008, 07:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by muna
    Sunscreen protects the skin from burning, It doesn't stop tanning

A high SPF does stop tanning. You have to get a sunscreen that blocks both UVB and UVA rays. UVB rays are the ones that cause tanning and Burning while UVA rays cause premature aging and wrinkles. The Neutrogena SPF 70 prevents tanning provided you re-apply regualarly if you are going to be in the sun for long periods.
    muna Posts: 147, Reputation: 5
    -

Mar 13, 2008, 09:32 AM
    Wow, have you used before sunblock (sunblock blocks from both rays) and you did not tan? That's great, what's the name of the brand, because I asked my doctor and looking at here you think she is white but she has olive under tone and she tans fast no matter what sunblock has on, she told me no matter what you will tan, and tanning depending on the amount of the melanin a person has, well, any way that would be great, sometimes doctors don't know about the great new products out there
    chandani Posts: 98, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2008, 09:35 AM
    hi
    janice you said you had a scar after you stopped hydroquinone.What did you do to finish with it?
    i will check the site
    Nikkicute i was also thinking about neutrogena sunscreen.
    Janice, don't be so afraid to stop using hQ take it from someone who goes on and off with HQ. If you want to stop using it, just switch to a natural lightning cream, and it will be okk, I think you should try bio claire, since Im using it right now and have seen good results or DS, I heard from a friend its good, but it takes a while.

Mar 13, 2008, 10:42 AM
    Hi
    Chandani when you stopped hydroquinone did you started others lightening cream just after or you did a break?
    Because I would like to know if its NECESSARY to use skin lightening cream to maintain the skin color.Using just a sunblock is not enough?
    If you stayed some times without using lightening creams can you tell me how your skin react?did it become darker?
    Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do/did your friends and family react to your skin lightening? [ 6 Answers ]

What were their reactions to your skin lightening? Did they like it, hate it, mad at you, happy for you, etc.

Which cream is better for lighter skin?papaya cream and soap or magic cream? [ 5 Answers ]

Which one it the best papaya soap and cream or magic cream?. How long does it take to see results when using papaya soap and or cream or both together?. How long dose it take to see results when using magic cream and or soap?. Or both together?. Please e-mail me and let me know thanks...

View more questions Search