Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hippo1980 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2008, 03:08 PM
    Can my husband adopt my daughter from a previous relationship?
    Can my husband adopt my daughter from a previous relationship? Her father has nothing to do with her and hasn't done since she was 1 yrs old, can we do this without her fathers consent?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 9, 2008, 03:22 PM
    Yes and no, you will have to notify him and ask him to sign over his rights to allow the adoption, if not you will have to fight him in court to take away his rights, ( depending on the judge and the state it may happen) ** if he even shows up in court of course** But it will be a lot easier and a lot cheaper if he merely agrees.

If you are enforcing his payment of child support, since that will end when the child is adopted, most likely he may be glad to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can my husband adopt my daughter from a previous relationship? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 6 yr old daughter that my husband has raised as his own since she was 2 1/2 years old, she hasn't seen her father since she was 1, we don't know where he lives or even if he is still in england, my husband really wants to adopt her can he do this without my daughters biological fathers...

How does my husband adopt my daughter? [ 2 Answers ]

What do we have to do for my husband to adopt my daughter?

Can my husband adopt my daughter? [ 4 Answers ]

My husband has wanted to adopt my daughter (who's 12) for some time now. Her bio father left when she was 5months old and did not pay any contributions for her care. He has had no contact with her since she was 2 ( we live in a different country now). How do I go about finding him and making the...

Can my husband adopt my daughter [ 1 Answers ]

Can my husband adopt my daughter if her father has nothing to do with her?

How can my husband adopt my daughter from my previous marriage? [ 2 Answers ]

My ex-husband signed over all rights to my 21 month old little girl and I recently got remarried. My new husband would like to adopt her, but I don't know how to go about it or where to start to look for help. I don't have money to go to a lawyer but it would mean a lot to the three of us if...

View more questions Search