Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gltlt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2006, 06:32 AM
    Father wanting custody
    Wife left marital home with 2 year old daughter to live with her parents.She has apparently gone back to her beliefs in the JW.I do not want my daughter to be raised in that environment.Could use some advice.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 31, 2006, 06:59 AM
    JW is a reconised and legal religion within the US. The court will not accept any issue that is based on not wanting them to be a certain religion.

You will need to file for divorce and custody of the children on grounds that you will be the better parent. Why did she leave? Get the best attorney you can afford and file for temp custody first and try to get the kids living with you. Then continue to fight for custody.

But she will get at least visitation rights and the she will always have the right to try to teach the kids her religious view points.

It would be the same if you were baptist and she was catholic, or if you were catholic and she was baptist. The religion unless you can prove they teach neglect or abuse of the child.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2006, 07:14 AM
    Hi,
    My wife's ex-husband filed for child custody of his daughter, out of spite, many years ago. Her lawyer told her it was just "out of spite", because there were no good reasons he should take the child away from her mother.
    You need a lawyer, would have to be a really good one, as suggested by the other answer, in order just to have a chance. The lawyer can tell you the chances. Odds are, it is going to be very, very difficult getting custody.
    I do wish you the best, and hang in there.
    jw child custody Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2007, 01:24 PM
    There are many complex issues when you deal with JWs in court. In 1988 they produced a book to assist members in court custody matters. This poorly produced material allows any member to perjure themselves to win at all costs. To win in this situation you have to show the actual belief system and prove it through the use of JW publications. By building your case showing they lie you are able to then provide the actual information needed so the court cam make a decision in the interests of the child. For further information you can look at our website at ww.jwchildcustody.com:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Father fighting for custody wants to know what to expect and how to prepare for court [ 13 Answers ]

I have served my child's mother with a custody hearing, and I myself have taken some measures to provide for the case such as tape recordings of her and the threats she made while she was pregnant about killing her self, taking a bottle of pills, then there are some stating that "This is my baby,...

Guinea pig issue [ 8 Answers ]

I would like your opinion please read and let me know what you think Most of you know me and I am always talking about my guinea pig rescue or my pets or my daughter, well recently, we took part in a huge rescue, I will post the article so if you all wanted to read it you could A seizure of...

Wanting a dog [ 18 Answers ]

Ok so here's my delima. I really want a puppy, my boyfriend doesn't (we were going to get married later this year, things changed) and right now we're expecting twins(I'm 15 weeks or so). We have two cats that are around nine months old. He works nights so he's not home from around ten in the...

Single mom wanting sole custody [ 3 Answers ]

I am due to have my baby on July 11, 2005 and I want to take my ex-husband to court to get sole custody. I work fulltime and rent a two bedroom house and my ex lives with his girlfriends parents and has had several juobs in the past year and never stays at a job for a long time. He has 2-3 felonies...

View more questions Search