Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bibler Posts: 44, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2008, 01:36 PM
    Washing Machine Leak
    My washing machine seems to have a water leak problem. It is a top load. I found a puddle of water underneath the machine. I have not looked but it seems to be from the front and right side. I have not seen any until today. I don't know if it is getting old or what; it is a nine year old machine. Also, just previous to the wash, I had pour about three mugs of water into the machine where clothes are put. I was cleaning some residue. While pouring the water, the machine was turned off. Could that have been the problem?
    BTW, this is a GE washing machine and the model is GCXR2080T.

Could it also simply be a condensation problem? I only use cold water for the wash. The water is freezing cold.

Thanks
    XenoSapien Posts: 627, Reputation: 42

Mar 10, 2008, 05:49 PM
    Initially, it sounds like you had too much water in the machine. On your next load, put in clothes, but don't load more than 3/4 the size of the container. Run it on "medium", and see if it does it again.

XenoSapien
    walteliza1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2008, 10:17 AM
    Hotpoint washer MICROTRONIC 1000 DELUX 9554 leaks water from below ,excessive noise on rotation,and drum moves from it'scentral position. I SUSPECT BEARINGS... how do I replace the bearings?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What makes a washing machine stop drainingthe dirty waterMy washing mach [ 2 Answers ]

My washing machine stopped draining. I have no warranty on it and I'd like to know if it's something I can take care of myself without the cost of a technician coming to my house

Washing Machine Drain- How high can machine lift H2O [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... Thinking about moving the washer down in the basement but the main sewer drain leaving the house is about 2' off the floor. There is currently a sewer lift installed for downstairs toilet that complicated cutting into the existing drain for new Y. Without getting to detailed, there is an...

Toilet closest to washing machine gurgles and backs up when washing machine drains. [ 2 Answers ]

When the washing machine drains, the toilet in the next room gurgles and the bowl partially fills. I have taken these steps: Ran hose down vent pipe on roof. No backup noticed. Had plumber snake from outside wall cleanout by washing machine and 1/2 bath toilet to city sewer line in alley,...

Washing machine leak - What kind of glue? [ 1 Answers ]

My washer has a leak that I'm trying to fix. Underneath, there is a large black rubber hose that is connected to the pipe that the dirty water comes out of. The other end is connected to a metal piece with a smooth hole, that looks like the bottom view of a kitchen sink. This rubber hose has a...

View more questions Search