Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rollergirl3363 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2008, 11:38 AM
    Squeaky lady kemmore dryer
    I bought the Lady Kenmore dryer used and it worked perfectly for about a week. Now it has this AWFUL squeaking sound when I run it. Can someone please help me! Thanks so much!!
    XenoSapien Posts: 627, Reputation: 42

Mar 10, 2008, 05:52 PM
    I'm assuming you bought it used. POSSIBLY, and I stress possibly, the motor could be going bad.

XenoSapien
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2008, 09:25 PM
    Rollergril3363 - Lets do a few checks to see just what it is causeing the squeeks.
    There can be more then the moter causeing the squeeks #1- take the top off and check the belt , take back panel off and check the belt tension wheel , ( NOTE UNPLUG THR DRYER Before TAKEING BACK PANEL OFF) Now with back panel off put some wet clothes into dryer and plug back up and then turn on dryer on and listen at the back or top and see if you can pinpoimt the noise.a lot of the time on older used dryers the berrings on the tub alxels are dryed out and do some squeeling . One way to fik that is to take some 3 in 1 oil and squirt into the area around where the axel goes into the front & back panels. NOTE - Don't have dryer running at the time you are putting the oil where I said:: Now if this stops the squeeling ,you know you have found the trouble. Don't fret, they can be replaced.( THE BERRINGS) its not a easy job, you may want a appliance person to do it for you . Call and check with a appliance repair place and ask them what it would cost ,and if it sounds good then you can have them to come and pick it up to repair
    Good luck 7 GOD BLESS ::: F.B.E. LET US KNOW HOW YOU COME OUT

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Squeaky dryer [ 3 Answers ]

Could someone please help me fix my squeaky dryer. The dryer squeaks with every load of clothes, but as each load gets lighter from the drying, the squeak gets less and less. My dryer is a GE Profile Model no. DPSQ495ET5AA. The Serial no. is FS750375A. Please if you how to fix the problem and...

Squeaky dryer [ 1 Answers ]

How do u fix a squeaky dryer?

Squeaky dryer [ 2 Answers ]

Just bought a used dryer that squeAKS very loud about halfway through the cycle. Is this a big problem to fix?

Squeaky dryer [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old HotPoint dryer and it is squeaking something fierce. Does anyone know if it maybe just a belt or something totally different? The model number is: DLB1550BDLAD Thank you!!

View more questions Search