Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kc Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2004, 07:38 AM
    College graduation gift
    Is there a standard $$$ amount to give your child when graduating from college?
    loveland80537 Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

Jun 1, 2004, 10:15 PM
    re: college graduation gift
    Isn't the college grad supposed to be paying Mom and Dad back for all the blood, sweat & tears they spent putting them through college in the first place??

There is no standard amount. Too many variables. Is the child going on to further their education? Will they be getting a job? (hopefully!) Did the parents help with support throughout the child's college years? Are there other kids? If so, how much were they given when they graduated? How much can the parent's really afford to give?

I've known monetary gifts to range from $200 and up. There really isn't a standard. Give from your heart. Or give until it hurts.

Take care.

Pinay24 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2004, 11:36 PM
    Re: college graduation gift
    How about a graduation ring or if she already have it-Maybe a vacation package or a party(beach party etc). There isn't really a standard amount & I agree with loveland on how much can you really afford as for a gift.

Or a much nicer/professional watch or why not just ask your child.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is Excelsior College a real college? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, if someone can please help me and let me know if Excelsior College's distance learning program is legally accredited, I would appreciate it very much. I would like to get a BS degree in Computer Information System through distance learning. I found that Excelsior College is perfect for this,...

College guy suddenly confusing college girl [ 4 Answers ]

So here's the deal: I entered college midyear. During my first week, I met this incredibly nice & cute guy. We hit it off. We spent hours just talking in his room. He drove me to the bookstore to get my books. We went out for fast food a couple times. Things got complicated when he decided to...

Marriage before College graduation? [ 20 Answers ]

Hey there-- Here is my issue. I am 20 years old, my boyfriend is 21. We have been dating for 4 years, since high school, and now attend the same college. We'll both graduate in 2008 but have spoken seriously about marriage for 2 years. We're both Christians but have had premarital sex (we...

Graduation song for my daughter [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'm trying to remember a song (country I think) that was sung about 4-6 years ago. It was a female singer and it was about her daughter getting ready to go to college. Can't remember hardly any of the words, but seems like one line was about her daughter taking an old lamp with her. Gee,...

View more questions Search