Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Mar 9, 2008, 05:18 AM
    Where did "God" come from?
    The origins of "God" seems to be a repeating feature in many questions and answers on this board.
    If you BELIEVE that "God" always existed, than say so.
    I have no problem with that answer, but in that case I note that you only BELIEVE that "God" always existed.
    There is no reason to assume that "God" always existed. No positive and objective evidence for that claim has ever been provided.
    As far as science is concerned : NOTHING exists FOREVER or existed ALWAYS. There is a start and an end to everything.
    I look forward to your reply/replies!
    XenoSapien Posts: 627, Reputation: 42

Mar 9, 2008, 06:15 AM
    God has always been and always will be. There never has been a "starting date" for God's existence.

As far as the scientific definition goes, that is proof that man is a flawed creature.

XenoSapien

Mar 9, 2008, 06:43 AM
    Your question is designed to "bait" a response, and not look for tangible answers.

What supporting and objective evidence from science proves me wrong? Man's ignorant definition? Which, as stated, proves man to be a flawed creature, and wholly arrogant.

Henceforth, with this in mind, we will only have the full truth when God returns. There is not point in engaging this any further.

XenoSapien
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2008, 06:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by XenoSapien
    Your question is designed to "bait" a response, and not look for tangible answers.
    Yep ;)
    -

Mar 9, 2008, 07:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by XenoSapien
    What supporting and objective evidence from science proves me wrong?
    You claimed that "God has always been and always will be.
    But you fail to provide proof for that. You just BELIEVE that.

You claimed that "There never has been a *starting date* for God's existence".
    But again you fail to provide proof for that. You just BELIEVE that.

Based on these assumptions you also claimed that "As far as the scientific definition goes, that is proof that man is a flawed creature".
    But once more you fail to provide proof for that. You just BELIEVE that.

Now you realize that your response was based on what you BELIEVE and not on what you can prove, you just accuse me of baiting you. NONSENSE!

My question was very clear and very fair. It stated that if you BELIEVE that "God" always existed, than say so. And that I have no problem with that answer, but in that case I note that you only BELIEVE that "God" always existed.

You however try to turn what you BELIEVE into some sort of "one and only truth", and suggest that if one disagrees with you, that "as far as the scientific definition goes, that is proof that man is a flawed creature."

I ask a clear question, and you tried to BS me with your first reply and now again with your incorrect accusations.
    Unfortunately for you I'm not a newbee on this. I know how to formulate and present my questions and my answers. You clearly do not.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 9, 2008, 07:28 AM
    Actually science tells us that matter can not be made, it may change forms but matter itself is not made that all matter that exists today, always existed.

So God since he exists today, had to always exsist according to science
    -

Mar 9, 2008, 07:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    Actually science tells us that matter can not be made, it may change forms but matter itself is not made that all matter that exists today, always existed.
    Chuck : so because you and I exist, we also have existed always? That is a non-sensical claim if ever I saw one!
    If - a big IF - "God" exists today, that does not prove that "God" always existed.
    That is a CLAIM that has to proven - or to be accepted as BELIEF. Not as a FACT!

Besides that : science tells us that matter indeed can be made. And there is objective proof for that to happen even. Energy can be converted into matter - just the other way around as in a nuke matter is converted into energy.

Matter that exists today does NOT need to have existed at all forever. It could have been created just one pico pico second ago. Simple basics of standard quantum physics.

So either PROVE your point by supplying objective proof for it, or accept that it is nothing else but BELIEF , Chuck!
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2008, 12:54 PM
    Please engage in cordial debate instead of running away screaming that you are being baited!! This is a *religious discussion board*, fellow members, not a rubber stamp for whatever you *believe*. :)

Cordially,
    Choux
    Judith Berghman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2008, 01:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis
    The origins of "God" seems to be a repeating feature in many questions and answers on this board.
    If you BELIEVE that "God" always existed, than say so.
    I have no problem with that answer, but in that case I note that you only BELIEVE that "God" always existed.
    There is no reason to assume that "God" always existed. No positive and objective evidence for that claim has ever been provided.
    As far as science is concerned : NOTHING exists FOREVER or existed ALWAYS. There is a start and an end to everything.
    I look forward to your reply/replies!
    I will pray for you all that wonder if GOD exsist I also would say if you have a problem in your lives you ask God for help I assure you GOD does Exsist just FIND YOUR FAITH IF YOU STILL NEED HELP SEE A PRIEST OF PASTOR THEY WILL BE YOUR BEST BET
    Look in the Bible and believe he is the alpha omega the beginning and the end the first and the last in revalations please do not confuse yourself with people who debate faith just trust GOD
    Judith Berghman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2008, 01:01 PM
    :p
    Quote Originally Posted by Judith Berghman
    I will pray for you all that wonder if GOD exsist I also would say if you have a problem in your lives you ask God for help I assure you GOD does Exsist just FIND YOUR FAITH IF YOU STILL NEED HELP SEE A PRIEST OF PASTOR THEY WILL BE YOUR BEST BET
    look in the Bible and believe he is the alpha omega the beginning and the end the first and the last in revalations please do not confuse your self with people who debate faith just trust GOD
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2008, 02:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck

So... we're all made up of God? What happens when our population gets so big that he runs out of God to make us with?

Mar 9, 2008, 02:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis
    You claimed that "God has always been and always will be.
    But you fail to provide proof for that. You just BELIEVE that.

You claimed that "There never has been a *starting date* for God's existence".
    But again you fail to provide proof for that. You just BELIEVE that.

Based on these assumptions you also claimed that "As far as the scientific definition goes, that is proof that man is a flawed creature".
    But once more you fail to provide proof for that. You just BELIEVE that.

Now you realize that your response was based on what you BELIEVE and not on what you can prove, you just accuse me of baiting you. NONSENSE!

My question was very clear and very fair. It stated that if you BELIEVE that "God" always existed, than say so. And that I have no problem with that answer, but in that case I note that you only BELIEVE that "God" always existed.

You however try to turn what you BELIEVE into some sort of "one and only truth", and suggest that if one disagrees with you, that "as far as the scientific definition goes, that is proof that man is a flawed creature."

I ask a clear question, and you tried to BS me with your first reply and now again with your incorrect accusations.
    Unfortunately for you I'm not a newbee on this. I know how to formulate and present my questions and my answers. You clearly do not.
    How eerily familiar as to how I used to think, in that with your statement "I believe it as soon as I see it ". Hence, if you don't see it, you don't believe it.

You did not ask a clear question. You asked a question that you already know ahead of time has no concrete answer to it. So, it is baiting. Look at all of the responses you have created.

It is very much like the question, "Can God lift a rock He Himself cannot lift?", or the tree making a sound in the forest. Bottom line, you are entrenched in profoundly gray area, of which I would have been on-board with your thinking over a decade ago.

And touche', you have not answered why science can't prove me wrong.

XenoSapien
    Donna Mae Posts: 55, Reputation: 14

Mar 9, 2008, 06:49 PM
    Yes, I believe that God always existed and He will always exist.

As I told you before, I have nothing to prove. God is. And it seems to me that it is you who seems to have something to try to prove.

It is your right to not believe in God, I can't understand it, but it's your right.
    But don't be so angry just because Christians have a faith that doesn't need explaining.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 9, 2008, 06:53 PM
    Post closed, OP is obviously not wishing to ask real questions or have real debates

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Explain Hosea 11:9 "I am God, and not a man" [ 11 Answers ]

I am just curious how Christians explain this one: Hosea 11:9 -- "I will not execute the fierceness of Mine anger, I will not return to destroy Ephraim; for I am God, and not man, the Holy One in the midst of thee; and I will not come in fury." A fundamental belief of Christianity is that...

" Be concerned above everything else with the Kingdom of God ." [ 3 Answers ]

" Instead, be concerned above everything else with the Kingdom of God and with what he requires of you, and he will provide you with all these other things." (Matthew 6.33) What is the real meaning of this sentence ?

"Why god made moms?" [ 1 Answers ]

To anyone & everyone... I was e-mailed this just a few moments ago. A class of 2nd graders were asked "why they believed that god made moms?" Their response were as follows-- 1. She's the only one that knows where the scotch tape is.

How Does God Calls Himself? E.g "i am the bread of life" [ 6 Answers ]

Hello my name is kate, and I'm doing a project on Religion. My teacher asked me to write how God calls himself, she said to give all the "I am" an example with this is "I am the bread of life " John 6:35. Unfortunately this is the only one I could find in the bible. Does anyone is kind, and help...

View more questions Search