Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mrs M Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2008, 06:51 PM
    Pregnancy query
    FOR THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE HAD CHILDREN. I am normally regular with my monthly however this month I am 12 days late. I had brown discharge before my period was due and spotting blood around my cycle(not a period), I tool 2 tests and both has faint positive lines however I also had my 21yr old dog put 2 sleep(due 2 illness) and am scared that because I have been crying since Wednesday non stop this is why I am late or the stress has taken its toll on my body. Has anyone else experienced these symptoms?
    mom22 Posts: 45, Reputation: 4

Mar 8, 2008, 07:29 PM
    I also had a very faint line with my second pregnancy.
    ANY positive line is a positive result. Home pregnancy tests are very accurate and false positives are extremely rare. However, if you have doubts about the accuracy you may want to try the test with your first morning urine when the pregnancy hormone is more concentrated or visit your doctor for a blood test.
    ang8318 Posts: 299, Reputation: 27

Mar 8, 2008, 08:15 PM
    It is possible that stress could cause your cycles to get a little off, but being that you did have a positive line, I would call your Doc for a blood test.
    bekah876 Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Mar 10, 2008, 05:03 PM
    With my pregnancy all the hpt I took had only a faint positive line and here I am now holding my two week old daughter. A line is a line no matter how faint. I would make an appointment with your doctor. It can't hurt to get checked out. Also right before I found out I was pregnant I did have a strange period. I had my normal period then two weeks later I had so very light brown discharge and light spotting. It could have been related to the pregnancy or it could have had nothing to do with it. Best of luck!
    viivincent Posts: 26, Reputation: 0

Mar 10, 2008, 06:37 PM
    You're probably pregnant. When I was pregnant with my daughter I had only faint lines. Any positive is usually a positive. You should see a doctor. Congratulations!
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2008, 08:35 AM
    As they have all said, a positive result, is a positive result. False positives are incredibly rare, and typically is a result of an early miscarriage(or certain medications etc), rather then being a true false result. In order to get a positive result, you need to have a high enough amount of hcg in your system to register. And you got two positives. I suggest you set up an appointment with your doctor asap for your confirmation and prenatal care. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Just a query [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone like ever get back together?! - all of this website is "let it go, let it go" -which is all blindingly good advice but does anyone EVER get back together and it works out? Just curious - not planning on doing it with any of my ex's just yet -thanks to you guys!

DNS Query Query. A Query about DNS Queries... [ 12 Answers ]

I am a software developer, I don’t know much about networks. I have a working network but with one weird (well to me it’s weird) problem. If you can offer any insight I’ll be very grateful! <!--- Image Attachment Below (I couldn't find a way to paste it here in the editor :-( ) ---> ...

View more questions Search