Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dieterbl207 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2008, 04:53 PM
    Kitchen Sink J-Drain pipe broke
    The J-drain pipe under my kitchen sink has rusted through and has a hole. While attempting to remove the old J-pipe, it basically disintegrated at the threads connecting the pipe to the pipe going to the wall. Now I can't get the thread off. Any suggestions? I have already tried to use WD-40 to loosen it, but the compression fitting won't budge.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Mar 8, 2008, 05:04 PM
    Hi Dieter:

Sound like you have a copper drain pipe that connects into (maybe) a galvanized drain line (silver) into wall... maybe? Let me know.

Also, how big is the wrench or pliers you are using?
    dieterbl207 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2008, 05:09 PM
    I am using a fourteen inch pipe wrench, The connection is just spinning.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Broken drain pipe under kitchen sink [ 13 Answers ]

Trying to remove the trap under the kitchen sink, I managed to break the pipe. Now the piece right behind the trap is stuck in the pipe that comes out of the wall, I cannot seem to pull it free. What's the best way to get this out?

Broke pipe under kitchen sink [ 2 Answers ]

Hi - my kitchen sink was clogged so I tried to unclog it by using a snaker. The problem is, when I tried to disconnect the pipe (PVC PIPE?) under the sink, the pipe snapped off right where it comes out of the wall. How do I fix that? Is it an easy fix or is it expensive??

Drain pipe broke in wall [ 2 Answers ]

The drain pipe under my sink broke and the threads from this pipe are stuck in the wall pipe. How do I get these threads out of the pipe. Have been unable to grab and turn with any tools.

Kitchen sink drain pipe leak [ 1 Answers ]

I have a big leak under the kitchen floor, I went under the house and I can see the leak which is right in the center of the kitchen. The crawling space was very minimal and hard to get to the cast iron pipe. I was thinking about opening the kitchen floor which is wood to see if I can fix the...

Kitchen Sink/Laundry Sink Drain Vent Non-exist [ 3 Answers ]

The set-up from kitchen sink leading down to drain to basement: 1. Kitchen sink - (R side) - connected to a P drain I think you call it -PVC-, connected to a "metal" T, which has a Studer vent gizmo attached to the top of it, then draining into a metal pipe straight down to the drain in the...

View more questions Search