Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shad224 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2008, 01:33 PM
    Car ownership
    My mom passed away and left behind a car that was paid free and clear she was divirced and has 2 children who gets the car
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2008, 02:18 PM
    It depends on what's in her will. And if there is no will then the state will take over her estate and decide after all her debts have been paid what goes where.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 8, 2008, 02:21 PM
    First sorry about your loss. If she has a will, whoever is named in it, would. If there is no will , all of her estate ( that is the money in her checking account, car, funiture and so on) would be divided by the Probate court among her heirs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car Ownership under the age of 18 [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter is looking at purchasing a car - - she is 17. We were just told that she is unable to own a car if she is under 18. My question is, has anyone heard of this? Where can I go to get more information. I found this out from our Insurance agent, but he wasn't able to provide more...

Gun Ownership [ 4 Answers ]

I have an expunged felony for theft from 1990 and haven't been in any trouble since, will this cause me grief in purchasing a gun? Thanks in advance

Car ownership law , age limit ? [ 4 Answers ]

My question is about the age limit if any, one can own a car . I live Georgia , so I would need to know if there is a age someone would need to be to own a car? My husband has kids and the eldest is 16 . Just got his drivers license. He bought a truck for him and now that son is legal driving age...

Car ownership [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a used car from a guy a year ago and paid it off last summer. The guys office burned and all of his records went with it. He's still saying that I owe him money. He already put the title in my name and I have it in my possession. The car turned out to be a lemon and I've since paid over...

Car ownership [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and I helped a friend of our daughter purchase a car several months back. He is a minor. The agreement was that we would help him purchase the car, transfer the title directly to his Mother and she would pay the insurance premiums. Since that time his Mom has informed us that she no...

View more questions Search