Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Washington1 Posts: 798, Reputation: 36

Mar 8, 2008, 12:46 PM
    Humming noise
    A humming noise from a light fixture--when turned on-means what?
    No dimmer
    Non-fluoresecent

Just a question :D
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Mar 8, 2008, 01:14 PM
    What type of light are you using, incandescent, neon, CPF.

Is your child's room on the other side of the wall and has he/she left the headphones against the wall with the IPOD on low so as not to disturb anyone? :)
    Washington1 Posts: 798, Reputation: 36

Mar 9, 2008, 09:50 AM
    Incandescent!
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Mar 9, 2008, 01:22 PM
    Washington,

Change the bulb and see if it goes away.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Humming noise when water is running [ 2 Answers ]

I recently had a pressure reducing valve replaced. Since then I hear a humming or even a howling sound whenever I turn on any water source. Even when the toilet is filling, it hums or howls. As soon as I turn the water off, the sound stops. The sound is loud. I checked the pressure and it is...

Mysterious humming noise in the house [ 113 Answers ]

Hello, I hope you folks can help me. Recently, we have been hearing a loud, low frequency "hum" throughout our house. I have turned the main power off to determine whether it's electrical. It's not. The noise does sound like a "fog horn" going off several blasts at a time and the noise level...

Humming noise in Ac motors [ 2 Answers ]

During generator running time, all Heavy Ac motors were making the humming noise in motors but this is not happening in EB supply. Where is the problem?

Humming noise in the walls [ 1 Answers ]

1. My house is 5 years old. 2. The pressure in the faucets and the shower seem to be slow, at times. 3. When we flush the toilet, wash our hands, or do the dishes there seems to be a loud humming noise that appears within the walls. However, the noise doesn't always occur. 4. The humming can...

CPU Noise - Humming [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 651-M motherboard (Micro ATX motherboard) which has the SiS651 Northridge and SiS962L Southbridge Chipsets. My system is running Win XP Home with 2 GB of RAM and 80 GB Hard drive. I am experienceing a loud humming noise coming from the Computer. This happens every time that I use the...

View more questions Search