Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    whenitz Posts: 35, Reputation: 0

Jan 30, 2006, 06:56 PM
    Ip address
    How will I know the ip address of a computer..
    Any answer will be appreciated..
    Tnx..
    cajalat Posts: 469, Reputation: 66

Jan 30, 2006, 09:05 PM
    Windows 2000/XP: start a command window and type "ipconfig /all"
    Windows 95/98: Click Start --> Run ---> winipcfg
    Linux: type "ifconfig -a"
    Solaris: type "ifconfig -a"
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2006, 07:40 AM
    Or, for a one click method, click here
    manutd4eva Posts: 209, Reputation: 14

Jan 31, 2006, 10:20 AM
    Hi rickj sorry if this is wrong but won't this show your like router address as my ip on each of my pcs is different to my router and it kept showing my router so I always have to use ipconfig. If there any other tools that tell you the actual machines ip not a routers
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 31, 2006, 10:22 AM
    Rick's link shows your Public IP address, as in the one you show to the world.
    It's a waste of time showing your Private (192.168.x.x) address as this isn't accessible from the internet.
    manutd4eva Posts: 209, Reputation: 14

Jan 31, 2006, 10:24 AM
    Cheers its just I need it for router port mapping and after seeing this I wondered if there were any better ways.

Thanks anyway
    whenitz Posts: 35, Reputation: 0

Feb 1, 2006, 09:28 PM
    OK,now I know..
    Tnx to all of you guys..
    Sorry for the late reply..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cannot renew my IP address. [ 16 Answers ]

Hey I am new here and I was just wondering why I cannot renew my IP. I have tried for a month or so now and Google search after Google search, I am getting more frusterated. I haven't seen or heard of a problem like mine. The problem I am having is my IP address will not renew, yet I have an...

IE Address Bar Help [ 11 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to block the pulldown from dropping down on the address bar so all of the websites previously visited are not visible to other users?

Global address list groups members missing in Outlook address book [ 0 Answers ]

Hello All, When I view a group in global address list in Outlook , address book group Does not display the members. My company use exchange 2000 server, and client use outlook XP or 2003. Does anybody experience the same thing and/or know why this is so? Thanks a lot for your help and...

Excel: change relative address to absolute address [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, In Excel spreadsheet, how to change relative address to absolute address for many cells at same time? I know how to use F4 to do the change, but it is not an option when I have to deal with the addresses in a 150 row x 50 column table. Thanks, Wei

Ip address [ 2 Answers ]

I have two routers one behind the other. Yes I said two routers, one is a wired and the other is wireless I had to make some changes and now I can not get the wireless router to issue any ip address to the systems on it. The address that are given out is the ones that are default for the system in...

View more questions Search