Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Andy1717 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2006, 05:11 PM
    Employer paid too much
    I have a question about vested interests. My former employer paid me 100% of the vested interest in my 401K instead of 40%. I was unaware of this at the time and I am still not sure it is in fact true as the dollar amount they say they paid me does not match my records. I just received a letter from them, over a year after the fact, stating that they want me to repay the amount back to them. What should I do?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 30, 2006, 07:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy1717
    I have a question about vested interests. My former employer paid me 100% of the vested interest in my 401K instead of 40%. I was unaware of this at the time and I am still not sure it is in fact true as the dollar amount they say they paid me does not match my records. I just received a letter from them, over a year after the fact, stating that they want me to repay the amount back to them. What should I do?

Check your 401K contract and rules of vesting. ( perhaps have it checked by an accountant) if they made a mistake, I would see if we could reach a settlement since they created the error. But in general, you will have to pay them back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Did'nt Get What We Paid For. [ 10 Answers ]

We ordered a custom built Trailer (01/17/06), after a longer wait than promised the Trailer arrived only to find some options missing and the hitch weight to be Lbs600 more than advertised, so they came and picked it up to get fixed, when it came back it's still missing some options and the hitch...

Getting paid! [ 6 Answers ]

Hey, I have a simple question. I had to go to court (long story) and won about $3000 but that was a few years ago. Of course I have not seen any of it... what can I do? I don't know how to go about garnishing wages, and have since moved to a new state... any thought?

Paid SS and Medicare while in F1 [ 10 Answers ]

Hi there, I'm very confused. I worked on my F1 (OPT) from June 15th - December 19th 2005 but my company deducted social security and medicare taxes (it's a small company and they didn't know any different). On December 19th I switched my status from F1 to H1b. Apparently I can claim a refund...

Paid here, not living here... [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, my inquiry is the following. I arrived to the US under a H1B visa in March 05, and worked here (paid by a US company in an US account) the whole year. In a couple of weeks I will be coming back to Europe (indefinitely), but for at least a year the US company will keep paying my salary in my...

View more questions Search