Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2008, 05:13 AM
    Al Gore Set To Rake In Millions Off An IPO
    Al Gore Set To Rake In Millions Off An IPO - America Talks Back, News

It has been reported that former Vice President Al Gore stands to make approximately $50 million when the TV channel he founded, Current TV, goes public.

The channel is very popular among tech-savvy 18-34 year olds, and it was billed the “television for the Internet generation." It is only currently available in about 19 million homes, and has been losing money for the past 2 years.

We have DBC, Democrat Broadcasting Company, and NBC, NeoCon Broadcasting Company. Now, isn't that FAIR AND BALANCED?
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2008, 05:23 AM
    Capitalism at it finest.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2008, 07:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by magprob
    Al Gore Set To Rake In Millions Off An IPO
    Hello mag:

And, this pisses you off why?

excon
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2008, 08:07 AM
    At least it isn't a global warming scam venture

I have no problem with him being a venture capitalist .It beats the hell out of the anti-business populist rhetoric that is now in the standard Democrat playbook.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 8, 2008, 08:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello mag:

And, this pisses you off why?

excon
    Because he is not getting any of that money.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Mar 8, 2008, 01:55 PM
    Can't say I like the guy's stance on issues, but if he worked for it, risked, and gets the benefits, all the more power to him.
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2008, 04:42 PM
    Why would it piss me off? Did I say it pissed me off? No. I can just turn it off if I don't like it. The same way I turn Faux News off. I think it will be interesting to see the contrast from Faux news. Will there be any contrast? Doubtful. It will be a good platform for his agenda. I'm sure it will at least be as fair and balanced as Faux.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2008, 07:18 PM
    A. He is Democrat so he is ENTITLED to be a hypocrite of down with capitalism & make all the $ he wants to.
    B. He DID invent the internet ~ remember?
    C. We have DBC, Democrat Broadcasting Company, and NBC, NeoCon Broadcasting Company. Now, isn't that FAIR AND BALANCED? YES a plus because then they may not fight for the fair act or they would be putting themselves out of business
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2008, 02:19 AM
    Excellent point about the "Fairness Doctrine" although I hear they plan to be selective and apply it only to public airwaves and specifically target talk radio . Since the Democrats would be the final arbiter it would be interesting to see what they consider a fair representaion of news and opinion.

I will try to catch some Current TV on my direct TV (I did not even know I had the channel) I went over to the Current TV website. It does cater to a very selective niche of tech-savvy 18-34 year olds who are basically doing what we do here;except they are doing it almost exclusively in video format.. . Posting things that they find interesting .

To me the genoius of the internet IPO/ stock is that they are selling basically a non-asset company for mega-bucks. Internet IPOs in particular are quick money grabs. Often times they don't even have revenue let alone a positive cash flow . But a venture capitalist and an investor weighs that risk against the possibility that they are getting in the ground floor of the next eBay .Sometimes it works out. Hmmmmm maybe I should take tomder inc. public.
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2008, 08:52 AM
    Forget jumping in on the IPO, I'm going short from the start. If you are going public with tomder inc. you may want to look at a reverse merger. Believe me, there are plenty of shells to choose from! It's the cheapest way to go. So, what does tomder Inc. produce?

BUYINS.NET
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2008, 12:38 PM
    JUST REMEMBER I AM STILL CRC of Tomder Inc!
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2008, 06:16 PM
    Correct so please detail our product line to MAGPROB .We may have an investor...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Al gore and pres. Bush [ 4 Answers ]

Urban Legends Reference Pages: A Tale of Two Houses How do you account for this discrepancy?

Is it necessary to rake leaves [ 2 Answers ]

Is it necessary to rake leaves

IPO leads [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone have a good resource for IPO alerts? I have found a company that I'm very interested in, and I don't want to miss the IPO, not even by a day.

Millions calcilae [ 3 Answers ]

hi can anyone tell me how many millions there are in a billion in england it is normally 1 million, million = a billion but I understand in the US its different I need to know for I.T. purposes to calculate gigabyte equations ciao4now matt porter

David Copperfield and his millions [ 7 Answers ]

Hello: A search warrant was executed on this guy for a suspected rape. The cops confiscated computer records and $2 million in cash. Now, I understand taking his money if he was suspected of bank robbery, or insider trading or money laundering, or not paying his taxes. But they think he...

View more questions Search