Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GORDIZ Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2008, 11:31 PM
    New Collar vs Blue Collar
    What kind of occupational do service workers have? Would unionzation may be able to help resolve some of those complaints? Is there any reason why a "new collar" worker not want the same benefits and clout that "blue collar" workers were able to get by unionization? What might be some of the reason why a "new collar" worker would be hesitant to join a union? What do you feel are the future prospect of unions in the service industry?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2008, 11:34 PM
    I was in a union when I worked at a hotel for three years and all they did was take my dues.
    I didn't have any health benefits. My bosses made me work 32 days in a row with no day off in July of 1998.
    I was in a union in 1978 too and they really didn't do a thing for me either.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New collar and blue collar [ 14 Answers ]

What kinds of occupational complaints do service workers have? Would unionization may be able to help resolve some of those complaints? Is there any reason why a new collar workers would not want the same benefits and clout that blue workers were able to get by unionization? What might be some of...

Blue Collar Family Needs Loan [ 4 Answers ]

Hello we were scamed two weeks ago. We lost over 4K of our friends money. We need a personal loan of 30K at 6% paid over 12 years. This would allow a payment that would fit into our budget with out straining it. We could start saving again. We do not have a car due to our van was re-poed in Oct. We...

New collar and blue collar workers [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any reason why a "new collar" workers would not want the same benefits and clouts that "blue collar" workers were able to get by unionizing?

View more questions Search