Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    allsop89s Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2008, 09:12 PM
    Tecumseh engine running rough
    I have a 5.0 horsepower Tecumseh engine. I used to be able to start the engine with the first pull after I primed the engine 3-6 times and the engine ran great. Now it takes me 4-6 pulls after priming, and I have run it in a lower gear to keep it from stalling. I wasn't sure what could be wrong? The gas isn't old. Thank you for all your help.

Mike
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2008, 10:42 AM
    Carb problems. Remove the carb, clean it thouroughly, reassemble and adjust.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sears Snow Blower 5.0 hp Tecumseh Engine Problems [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Sears model number 536.88521200 snow blower. It is a two cycle with manual and electric start. After I run it for 10 minutes or so, the engine revs up to full r.p.m.. It:s almost like the acclerator is stuck. It still runs fine but I am afraid the engine will burn out. I shut it down, it...

Bucking running rough [ 2 Answers ]

Hey guys it's ben awhile.my question,I have a 2002 chevy trailblazer and it spit out a po303 code #3 cylinder misfire, this truck don't have spark plug wires but it has a coil for each plug.what may cause this . Thanks

Working on old snowblower with a Tecumseh engine [ 4 Answers ]

The HP is no more than 3 or 3.5. It has a horizontal shaft and a diaphram carb, I had problems with the carb flooding so I rebuilt the carb. The gas tank is slightly rusty inside. I managed to get the engine running smoothly and put it in the shed. About 2 weeks later, it started right away....

BACKFIRING,13hp Murray Riding Mower, Tecumseh Engine [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I am having trouble with my 13HP Murray riding mower.Model 40541x99C OHV130-206810D. TECUMSEH ENGINE. First it was backfiring REALLY loud:eek:.. in all gears, all speeds.. I cleaned gas tank, replaced fuel filter, spark plug, cleaned carb, replaced air fiter. The engine: (1) BACKFIRES...

Running rough when ac OFF [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 96 mitsubishi eclipse rs 2.0 ltr 16 valve 4 cy. It stalls out when I am driving down the road and it runs good when the ac is on and runs rough when the ac is off. What could be my problem?

View more questions Search