Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    EmmaLynn Mom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2008, 06:56 PM
    My dog had 11 teeth out on 03-05-08 and I can't get her to drink any water
    HI
    My 3 year old Mini Schnauzer had 11 teeth taken out on 03-05-08. She is eating OK ,I add hot water to her dry food then mush it up. But my big problen iss I can't get her to drink any water. She is not a very big dog only 16 lbs. I have always tried to give her the best of care and I am always with her. She is all I have. If someone could give me so advice I will be very thankful.

Emmalynn Mom
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2008, 06:58 PM
    Perhaps her mouth is still sore and the water is too cold for her. Try to give her room temperature water? If she is also getting more water with her dry food than normal perhaps she is just not thirsty. Has she been panting?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Changing an adult dog's name [ 9 Answers ]

I am considering adopting a 2 year old dog with the name of "Baby Girl". This is a problematic name for me, because I currently have two female cats, and "baby girl" gets used a lot as a general term of affection in the household. Plus, I'm just not sure I want to be standing in dog park calling...

Lower denture teeth bite: gum line up or angle teeth forward? [ 8 Answers ]

:cool: Should the bite line of the teeth on the lower denture be forward of the centerline of the gum 5 mm? Would it be better to have the lower teeth in line with the gum?

Do dog's noses bend? [ 1 Answers ]

Odd question, but sometimes when I look at Trink when she is sniffing things, her nose looks crooked. And when I was out at a dog event yesterday, one of the other greyhound owners said that her dog's nose could bend to almost 90 degrees when sniffing. "The nose that smells around corners", as...

PM on dog's skin problem [ 1 Answers ]

'''my dog is shaving herself, causing redness, and to top it off my sister has lice. The doc. Says lice can't be transferred from dog to human, or from human to dog. I've tried giving her medicine, soaking her in Cortizone cream, but nothing works. HELP!'' I strongly feel medical problems need...

My dog's behaviour [ 4 Answers ]

I noticed a strange behaviour in my dog, late this evening. He is 7 years of age and is a spitz dog. Today I suddenly found him restless about half an hour after he took his evening meal. He was shivvering in some kind of fear and was trying to hide himself at some corner. Or tried to enetr toilet...

View more questions Search