Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chukkols Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2008, 06:59 PM
    Gov grants
    Is there government grants for convicted felons that are not minorities?
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2008, 07:03 PM
    For what reason? There aren't any special treatment kind of things that are made to help felons specifically, but if your conviction was not drug-related, it's possible to get grants and financial aid for college.
    chukkols Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2008, 07:06 PM
    What small business grants or loans are available for non drug related convicted felons
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2008, 07:07 PM
    I'm not very knowledgeable about small business loans, but I don't know if you can get a grant to start a business unless you have some circumstance like, you were a victim of a hurricane or something.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 7, 2008, 07:48 PM
    There are in general no special grants for ex felons, there are various grants for special business, often there is tax breaks if you hire a number of people, There is sometimes grants if you open a business in certain economic depressed areas. Many grants are for specific things. For example you may get a grant for a job training program for excons or something like that. Often you will have to have some level of matching funds for many grants.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2008, 05:18 PM
    Apply for a grant like everyone else. There is no special hand out just because you are a convicted felon. Sorry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gov grants - any Grants [ 8 Answers ]

I have a new business for 6 months. I have been in this type of work for 11 years and have the same customers. I buy offshore produce and ship them to the states. I ship 40,000 - 200,000 pounds a week"or I did" I don't have the up front money to buy now. Does anyone know a good place to start ...

Are Gov Grants Ads All Fake? [ 8 Answers ]

Some posters state there are no government grants. I would like to know if that is true and, if it IS true, HOW are all these advertisers getting away with blatant fraud on TV, on the net and in magazine ads? If it ISN'T true, why an't ANYone say where this information is listed free by the...

Search CA LandLord Tenant Laws = Gov sites Blocked? [ 4 Answers ]

Search CA LL Laws I wasn't sure which category I should post this in? Here or computer something or other. Since I was working with this because of needs driven by CA Landlord/Tenant Law. I decided to post here. I was working on setting up a customized search engine for CA LL Law. It's a...

Gov grants for convicted felons [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know where and how I get started, to apply for a grant that helps felons start there own bossiness. Any help or guidance would be appreciated. Thank you

Free Gov Grants [ 1 Answers ]

How Do I Get A Government Grant Totally Free To Start A Small Business

View more questions Search