Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    topladyj Posts: 323, Reputation: 13

Mar 7, 2008, 11:31 AM
    Head of household
    I live with my boyfriend we are not married. I file single 1040ez but I was wondering since I have no kids or anything can I file head of household?! And what are the rules on that?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2008, 11:51 AM
    No, you need to file single. If your boyfriend lived with you the entire year and say, did not work at all and you supported him, you may claim him as a dependent provided he is a US citizen. You would then file single and claim him as a dependent. You are not a head of household.
    topladyj Posts: 323, Reputation: 13

Mar 7, 2008, 12:46 PM
    Thanks That's What I Thought! I Was Pretty Sure I Had To Have A Dependent To Do That. And He Works So That Won't Work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Head of household [ 2 Answers ]

Which parent can claim head of houshold?

Head of household [ 1 Answers ]

What if the child lived with both parents the same amount of time throughout the whole year? Which parent can claim head of household?

Head of Household? [ 12 Answers ]

My roommate was unemployed for all of 2006. He is totally financially dependent on me for his support & welfare. May I claim Head of Household & declare him as a dependent on my tax retruns?

Head of Household [ 2 Answers ]

I remarried last year but I provide ALL of the expenses of my household. My spouse does work but it is my income that pays all the bills, and the upkeep of the home. Can I still file as Head of Household?

Head of Household [ 1 Answers ]

Who can claim as "Head of Household".

View more questions Search