Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    O_Troubles Posts: 313, Reputation: 20

Mar 7, 2008, 11:19 AM
    Dog with no vocal chords
    Question if I live in an apt and I wanta dog are there quieter breeds? Also I could train the dog but I want to consider other possibilites. Also if I resqued a dog with no vocal chords what kind of health problems would I expect?
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2008, 12:01 PM
    Think of it this way, would go through an operation to have your vocal box removed voluntarily? Think not! I would consider that cruelty. Any dog can be trailed to be quiet. The problem is that any dog will bark if they are frightened, or left alone too much. My last Lab we did know he had a voice until he was about 4 years old. Then it was one woof when someone came to the door he did not recognize. Living in an apartment is not the best for pets. Maybe you should rethink your idea until you have a place for them so they can be outside when you are away from home.
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2008, 08:42 PM
    First question: does your apartment allow dogs, and are there limits on the size or breeds?

Greyhounds are a generally quiet breed, but they do whine some. And, of course, not all of them read the breed standard.

And personally, I find small dog barking to be more annoying than big dog barking, possibly because it tends to be higher pitched yapping as opposed to deeper woofing. Something to consider when you are considering dogs.

And most vets will not debark a dog. If that's the only way you can have one, wait until you move out of the apartment to get one.
    O_Troubles Posts: 313, Reputation: 20

Mar 8, 2008, 12:25 PM
    I would not ever harm a dog oh my god no!! I was thinking to train the dog not to bark every 5 min but a dog is a dog I understand that. And if I adopted a dog that already had a voice box problem I was wondering whathealth problems there were because I live in manitoba and a lot of reserves here abuse dogs and damage there voice boxes because they bark too much so I woud be able to help the abused dog if I wanted to I just wanted to know health problems

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Guitar Chords [ 12 Answers ]

Hi everyone. Right now, I'm not really asking about skating, but I should. I am going to be in my school's Jazz Band, playing guitar. But now, I'm asking how I play chords on and electric guitar without hitting the other strings. In other words, how do I play chords cleanly?:confused:

Arcs and chords [ 3 Answers ]

A. If AC bisects BD and BD=26, find GD. B. If AC bisects BD, AB=26 and BD=48, find AG. C. AC bisects BC and AC=15M. Find the length of arc AB to the nearest meter.

Musical Institute in Trenton, New Jersey for Vocal [ 1 Answers ]

I am student of indian classical music and learning from 1 year here in INDIA. Now I am about to relocate to Trenton, New Jersey. Can anybody help me to know if I can find any musical institute in Trenton where I can continue my music education. If answer is yes, could anybody also tell me the...

Vocal (singing) lessons and parents. [ 7 Answers ]

I live in Greece and I'm 13 years old.I really want to take vocal (singing) lessons but my parents do not allow me to.They say that music in Greece doesn't have a future.Plus,they say they don't have enough money to "throw away",as I will never be able to get a singing career.I will not leave...

Vocal cat in heat [ 1 Answers ]

My cat is in heat and is meowing(roaring) all through the night. Also she goes into heat cycles very irregularly. She will have a 7 day cycle of heat then be clear for a few days and then start up again. After this cycle is done then she is good for a few weeks then she goes again. Is this normal...

View more questions Search