Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hanky Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2003, 10:25 PM
    501 c.7 social club "Code of Conduct"
    As president of a non-profit, social club with 162 members, I am seeking help in conducting a code of conduct violation hearing.

Specifically, a member has maliciously slandered a fellow member's reputation causing that person to resign from the club. This is a repeated attack on this highly respected person's character and that's why he finally quit. There have been similar incidents involving this same antagonist for 10 years. Over the years, other clubmembers have left because of similar egregious personal attacks.

We are a Board that wants to punish this person to the fullest extent possible. Yet, boardmembers are concerned that we will be sued for our action. NOTE: The accused has hired an attorney that states that his client's 1st amendment rights allow him to make these defaming personal accusations toward other clubmembers! Something terribly disturbing in our society if this can be socially and legally acceptable!

Volunteers that give their personal time and expertise to their community must be appreciated and protected!

We need help from someone that has experience in this type of situation! My prepaid legal service CA. Attorney has stated that as long as we follow our club bylaws, Ca. Corp. Code, and Robert's Rules of Order, we can take whatever action we deem appropriate for the offenders emailed slanderous, non-factual accusations toward the highly respected clubmember. These emailed attacks were sent to other clubs nation-wide!

We plan on holding our Code of Conduct Hearing on March 13th. So, time is short for us to prepare. And, we want to do this correctly so that this healthy, community based social club can survive.

If you can help us, we'd be much obliged. Please contact me right away. Ph # 707-938-8395

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

Who did this song: from the 80's, probably called "typical" or "that's typical" [ 2 Answers ]

Some lyrics as I hear them: Windowsill, my elbow's numb As I heard the door go and saw your car As it glides onto the road Double wasted dumbness Sodding off and I can't hear you go And that's typical There you sit in the driving seat

98 honda accord audio "CODE e" [ 3 Answers ]

I replaced the battery on my Honda. Well the audio system disengaged and required a 5 digit code to reset. I obtained this code from the dealer. I entered the 5 digit code and nothing happens except shows "CODE e". The manual has little to say about this.. Anyone know?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.