Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ThreeFingerRingo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2008, 11:52 PM
    Hair alcohol testing
    Can alcohol be detected in a hair test? What is the time limit for alcohol on an EtG test?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Mar 7, 2008, 12:08 AM
    To my knowledge, alcohol consumption cannot be tested with a hair strand. Drugs can, yes.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2008, 12:34 AM
    EtG can detect alcohol for a few days... some even say for a few weeks/months.

Downside of etgs are that they're so sensitive they detect the smallest amount of alcohol in your system... via the use of... hand sanitizers and hair spray even.

Alcohol's not detected via hair follicle... but it is via urine.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2008, 02:06 PM
    Yep, it can be dected a while back the FDA approved a testing device that allows alcohol to be tested through the follicle test. Up to three months work of usage can be dected. Takes anywhere from 3-7 days roughly after use for the substance to be dected in the hair.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Alcohol and hair test [ 10 Answers ]

Does alcohol show up in a hair test? And does it also show up ina urine test ifyou were to drink right before you peed?

Urine Alcohol Testing [ 5 Answers ]

If I was to drink 12 beers on a Saturday night, and take a urine test on Tuesday, around 4 PM, would I be able to pass a UA test? Would like answers from someone who knew what they were talking about please. Thanks

Alcohol in Urine Testing [ 8 Answers ]

I'm on probation and I had 1 beer at around 11 pm. The next day I took a urine test at around 5 pm. Will the alcohol show up on my test?

Alcohol Testing [ 8 Answers ]

I just found out I have to be tested next Wednesday. What is the difference between the different testing methods? How far back will they be able to tell I've had a drink? I have no plans to go on a Tuesday night bender, but I do have the occasional social drink (1-2 drinks once or twice a week,...

Probation alcohol testing [ 3 Answers ]

I am wondering if probation do the EtG testing

View more questions Search