Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aubred42 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2008, 04:45 PM
    Antique platinum engagement ring
    I have recently got engaged, and I have an antique ring but would love to know about when it was made. I was hoping someone would know the time of the markings on the inside of the band. It appears to be 10% RID.PLAT

Thanks!
    rawpotatoeater37 Posts: 244, Reputation: 8

Mar 22, 2008, 11:47 AM
    It's impossible to date the ring by the markings that you've given us because that's just telling us that it's 10% iridium platinum. If I knew more on platinum I might be able to say "Oh, in such a such year, they used 10% iridium platinum a lot," but that's probably not likely anyway.

If you'd like, you can attach a picture of the ring and I'll try my best (no guarantees though, sorry! :-) )
    aubred42 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2008, 03:01 PM
    Thanks I appreciate it. I found out it was his great grandmothers ring made around 1920.
    rawpotatoeater37 Posts: 244, Reputation: 8

Mar 22, 2008, 10:03 PM
    No problem!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Engagement Ring [ 5 Answers ]

I was curious if I can get it back. The thing is I live in NY and the girl I am Engaged to is in another country... what should I do and can I get the ring back? TT

Engagement ring upgrade [ 4 Answers ]

My wife and I are soon to be celebrating our anniversary by having a vow renewal, and we have already bought and upgraded her old engagement ring to a larger ring, so she can show it off. Does anyone know where I can go to sell the old one?

Getting engagement ring back and boob money. [ 26 Answers ]

My selfish Ex fiancé broke up with again, about 6 times with me. Its been about 3 months since this break up. In the beginning she refused to give ring back. We have been emailing each other a little bit threw out break up. About 2 weeks ago I told her to leave me alone forever. But she still has...

What's the difference between a comitment ring and an engagement ring? [ 13 Answers ]

Can someone please help me here I was wondering what's the difference between a commitment ring and an engagement ring?

Old Engagement Ring [ 24 Answers ]

Should you give it back if you changed your mind or accept it because it was a gift?

View more questions Search