Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xHypoCondriacx Posts: 118, Reputation: 3

Mar 6, 2008, 04:43 PM
    Pregnancy + Gallstones ? N-E Remedies ?
    Hello, My girlfriend is 6 weeks pregnant right now.
    She was recently diagnosed with gallstones, However being pregnant
    And having a surgery is not recommended.

So she is being strong and dealing with it, With no narcotics, etc.
    She wakes up everyday around 6am, Moaning & Groaning In pain.
    Hot and sweaty, Moving around a lot, Can't eat, Throws up all the time.

She literally lays in bed in devastating pain for the whole day.
    I asked her if she wanted to take a walk, So we can get her a little more healthy.
    She doesn't even have the energy for that.

Im confused and I don't know what to do, I bought her some lemons and some gingerale.
    Some say that will help soothe the pain.
    Also she is taking Mylanta.

Im just curious, Has any other female delt with these symptons which seem to have been
    Going on for a week or more.
    Is this normal, Is it part of the pregnancy ?

How long will it last? Does it vary on persons?

Thanks for your time, This post is urgent, As we don't know wheather to seek medical attention, Or otherwise.

Are there any natural remedies? Or medications that can he;[

Thank you for reading this

-vic
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2008, 05:22 PM
    Having gall bladder problems and morning sickness is not fun. She needs to go back to the dr who diagnosed her gall bladder problems ASAP as waking up in pain and sweaty is not good at this point for her health. I almost died due to letting my gall bladder problems go too long before being operated on in an emergency situation. The pain is extremely intense to put it mildly. Have her see the dr asap.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2008, 05:27 PM
    Having gall bladder problems and morning sickness is not fun. She needs to go back to the dr who diagnosed her gall bladder problems ASAP as waking up in pain and sweaty is not good at this point for her health. I almost died due to letting my gall bladder problems go too long before being operated on in an emergency situation. The pain is extremely intense to put it mildly. Have her see the dr asap.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Herbal remedies [ 34 Answers ]

I am trying to incorporate herbs and supplements into my diet, for many the many health benefits I've been hearing about. Has anyone heard of, or tried a product called eyebright... or any other good herbal products for eye health? Also, are there any good herbal remedies for anxiety and/or...

Morning Sickness And Gallstones! [ 2 Answers ]

:mad: I'am 6 weeks pregnant and I have gallstones in my gallbladder. I throw up all day long "Bile" and I'm not sure if it's the pregnancy or gallstone. When will the morning sickness end.

Natural Remedies? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, After having my second son in 05, I got a bloodclot in my leg and started taking clexaine (blood thinning) and got these pimple then forming into boils. After taking numerous antibioxtic it cleared for a while. I have since had my third child who is 1 month old on precausion I am currently...

Any other remedies for Depression? Help! [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 19. I am trying to find ways to help with my depression/anxiety. Its affecting me badly (for an undisclosed reason), and I need all the assistance I can get. I can't go to a doctor (my parents will think I've gone all psycotic or something) so...are there any herbal, theraputic drugs I...

Gallstones [ 18 Answers ]

So I've been having these pains on the right side of my abdomen for about a month and a half now. I thought I was getting more ovarian cysts since I am prone to them. After lots of blood tests, pelvic exams and a few ultrasounds, they told me yesterday that I have gallstones. I'm being referred...

View more questions Search