Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2006, 10:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganite
    Do they still make delicious pies and pork sausages in Wilts?
    Hell yeah :)
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2006, 10:06 PM
    while I agree this seems pretty extreme, and I hate the idea of you spending so much money... I'm not as brash about calling these the inlaws from hell forever and ever amen. People get nuts where weddings are concerned. I believe it should be YOUR day... families sometimes just don't see it that way. If the date you wish to celebrate isn't the one on your certificate, well, you will always know the ceremony that meant the most to you.

an aside about dates - my wife, for years, thought her birthday was on the wrong date, because her father was overseas in the military when she was born. He thought it was a day earlier and they always celebrated a day early.

and my wife and I ran off and got married on st patricks day and had a reception back home later. Was different because half of my family expected me to elope anyway. And now my wife is happy because she gets presents on a holiday she never did before. =) and my side is I'll never forget the date, and she married me in 2000 so I'll always know how long we've been married by the year... 6 years so far and she still isn't sick of me. =)

anyway, you know what. It'll all get done one way or another. Enjoy the craziness too. It'll be something you joke about someday.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 8, 2006, 06:58 AM
    Hey guys, please check your dates. The original post was over a month ago. So was the last response from the OP.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2006, 08:54 AM
    I don't know scottgem.

I'm not against answering a post from even 2 years ago if it is thoughtful discussion. Check my posts and you'll see I don't do that often, not looking to pad my post count. I have ignored, for example, posts for homeworks from a long time back that were never addressed.

But if this were simply a forum intended to help the person who posted, and only that person, we'd just PM our answers and not post them for others to see, think about, critique...

Nothing wrong with discussing a topic when the original poster may be long gone, as long as the thread remains thoughtful and relevant. Just my opinion. Not everyone checks new posts everyday.

* scottgem pm'd me with a good point... that posters will get email notifications about the thread. Easy to see how this could be annoying. Good point. I'd still have done the wedding post, but good point to keep in mind. *
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Mar 19, 2006, 12:37 AM
    You know with everything that went on in the posters life and with the in-laws I'd just say screw it. Tick everyone off and go elope. But that's just me and I don't conform well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Daylight time new dates [ 8 Answers ]

I was on the NBS site to set my watch. The standard time notice reminded me we will be on daylight time longer starting this year. I am sure the old Mac I was using has no way of knowing it. Where is that information stored, and how do you change it? Could be a bigger mess than Y2K turned out...

Birth Dates [ 6 Answers ]

I have a friend who, if I tell him my birth date, can tell me what day of the week I was born on, but he won't tell me how it is done. Can you? Thank you.

View more questions Search