Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    guate1311 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2008, 04:06 PM
    Gravitational force
    When royce was 10 years old, he had a mass of 30 kg. By the time he was 16 years old, his mass increased to 60 kg. How much larger is the gravitational force between royce and the earth at age 16 compared to age 10?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2008, 04:09 PM
    I think it would be doubled.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2008, 04:13 PM
    F = ma, m has doubled, a is still g. So Strat is right (assuming he hasn't moved up a mountain or from the pole to the equator or whatever).

You can use that equation to work out how many Newtons he's weight has changed by.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2008, 04:24 PM
    I was tempted to say, " if he was 19, it would triple" I caught myself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pushing/frictional/gravitational force [ 3 Answers ]

A person pushes a 19.8-kg shopping cart at a constant velocity for a distance of 34.2 m on a flat horizontal surface. She pushes in a direction 24.4 degrees below the horizontal. A 50.4-N frictional force opposes the motion of the cart. (A) : What is the magnitude of the force that the shopper...

Gravitational pull [ 3 Answers ]

If the moon was sitting on the surface of the Earth, what force would be holding the two planets together.. I was told that the distance between is not zero... and to draw a diagram.. Help please

If gravitational field collapses then? [ 2 Answers ]

If the earth's gravitational field collapses for "a few seconds", what worst or best can happen?

View more questions Search