Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Mar 6, 2008, 12:55 PM
    Trying to plan England Trip
    I received the surprise of a lifetime as a C'mas gift from my ex sis-in-law. She is going to fly me to England this summer, and has chartered a boat for 10 days in the "Norfolk Broads" waterways. Has anyone out there ever been there is my first question?

After our "cruise", she has asked me where else I would like to go and what I would like to see and do. I haven't got a clue. We are going to London for sure, but I really don't know what I would like to do there. The changing of the guards doesn't sound very appealing to me, and other than that I'm not sure. Any idea's on that?

She has mentioned that we can also maybe take a trip to Paris, or Amsterdam/Rotterdam, or anywhere within distance. I'm so excited, but I feel ignorant to all the wonderful places that I could miss going to while I'm there.

She is open to going anywhere, and so am I. I want to remember this trip for the rest of my life, so I just don't want to miss anything while I've got the opportunity!

I would appreciate any info on daytime and nightlife activities at any of these locations, and even any others that some of you may have been to and I am leaving out. I have been told we can take the "bullet train" from London to a lot of places. I am getting some brochures, but it's nice to ask someone who may have been there.

Thanks in advance for any idea's and help :)
    nicki143 Posts: 187, Reputation: 22

Mar 6, 2008, 01:00 PM
    The norfolk broads are really nice used to go there all the time as a child lots of nice little english pubs along the way.
    England has some really nice places to visit what about stratford upon avon for shakespear it is really nice there as well.
    You also want to go to the seaside any really depends where in england your family are. Then you can have fish and chips out of paper and a stick of rock lol

Mar 6, 2008, 01:03 PM
    Try enjoyengland.com
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Mar 6, 2008, 01:07 PM
    You might have to explain "stick of rock" to me, lol! Thanks for the seaside tip for sure... and I like the pubs around the "broads" idea too! Haha. If I have it right, my sis is around the Hampshire or Surrey region. Does that sound right? I know the village/district is Flitcham, but it all confuses me, lol

Mar 6, 2008, 01:55 PM
    Stick of rock is just along hard stick of candy. But evryone who goes to the seaside gets some surry and hampshire is nice what about palaces. London is your bestbest west end, trip on a open top bus,buckingham palace the list is endless I am sure your sis knows some great places she wants you to see and wants to make your trip worthwhile hope you enjoy it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moving to England. [ 16 Answers ]

I am interested in moving to england from the US in the next year or two. How would I go about doing so? How would I be able to become a citizen? Are there certain things I would need? Thanks in advance, Kara

New England Patriots [ 1 Answers ]

Ok it doesn't seem that many people get on this board, but I wanted to throw a question out there and see if I can get some opinions. Do you all feel that the Patriots received fair and just punishment for their actions? Do you think they did anything wrong in the first place? I...

Studynig in England [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to study in England, and I search through the WEB for free universities in England, but I did not find any. Could you please tell me about a good and free (without paying) university in England?

Universities in England [ 2 Answers ]

Hi,can anyone help me?have you ever heart of the Birkback University of London.Is it real?Is it good?IŽll be happy to hearing from anyone who knows anything about this University.Thanks

Travel To England [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I want to go to England to go to college and work for a while. We both live in Anguilla and have a British European Passport. We have never been to England. We would like to know if the government can help us find a flat and give us financial aid for college and would like to pay...

View more questions Search