Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2006, 04:29 AM
    I think you are going to have to contact Yahoo and ask for their assistance, as these error messages are not actually giving us an actual reason as to why it won't send.
    Anka Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2006, 05:26 AM
    Yahoo just sent back their standard help for not receiving email http://help.yahoo.com/help/uk/mail/read/read-01.html

Have just tried adding an additional email address (in same account) via Mail Options --- Mail Addresses --- Extra Mail Addresses

Not receiving mail in alternate address either.

By the way, at the end of the reply from Yahoo, they've mentioned something about "no amt link". No idea what that means or whether its relevant!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2006, 05:35 AM
    Make a new Gmail account and forward all your Yahoo mail to it. :D
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2006, 05:36 AM
    Sounds like a good idea to me Needkarma. Simple, easy and much less hassle!

Feb 1, 2006, 06:00 AM
    Just tried - unfortunately Google sent an email link to the Yahoo address to confirm -which I can't receive!:eek:
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2006, 06:02 AM
    Do you not have an ISP email account that you can use?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 1, 2006, 06:59 AM
    As I said previous the error message definitely appears to be a problem on Yahoo's side. So the only way its going to be resolved is to contact them. I realize that contacting them is not easy. You have to wade through a bunch of troubleshooting and FAQ pages before you get to a screen that allows you to e-mail the details of the problem.

Your other option would be to establish another e-mail account somewhere else. Just don't use the Yahooo account as your verification address.

By the way, the best way to reply is just click the Answer this question button. E-mail or PMs should only be used for personal correspondence (In my opinion).

Feb 2, 2006, 07:06 AM
    Use web-based email because access through public library broadband connection

Feb 2, 2006, 07:13 AM
    Sorry - just posted this reply in the wrong place!

Am using web-based emails because accessing via public libraray broadband connection
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2006, 07:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Anka
    Use web-based email because access through public library broadband connection
    I see. Your options are indeed limited then. You can try to work through Yahoo's support area or use a trusted friend's help by using their email address to receive your Gmail confirmation email.

Feb 8, 2006, 04:52 AM
    Still receiving automated standard responses from Yahoo - anyone have any ideas for getting through to a human for a personal response? :eek:

Also at the end of the replies from Yahoo, it says :

Yahoo ID: ******* : no amt link

What does that mean?

Feb 21, 2006, 05:28 AM
    Happy news!:)

After sending another help request to Yahoo - quoting the all the previous help requests reference numbers! - and clicking 'Other' rather than 'Why am I not receiving email?', Yahoo sent me a test email and everything is now sorted out!:D Didn't tell me what the problem was, but everything now working perfectly.

Many thanks to all of you for your suggestions and support
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 21, 2006, 07:27 AM
    See, they do do something sometimes ;)

Glad you got it sorted out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

H1B receive both W2 and 1099 [ 14 Answers ]

I got H1B in 2004. In 2005 I helped one professor with a project. At that time I didn't know it is not legal to work for someone who is not your H1B sponsor. In 2006 I received both W2 from my current employer and 1099 from the professor. The amount he paid me (about $10,000) was listed in #7...

Not able to receive mails on Yahoo as well as rediffmail [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am sending mails through my site. Persons with hotmail, gmail account are able to receive mails, but persons with Yahoo and rediffmail account are not able to receive. Can anyone please tell me what is the problem.

Must hit send/rec to receive email in outlook 2003 [ 4 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am new to this site so please bear with me as I learn. My question is: I set a friend up with a linksys router on his desktop, and set up email accts. For he and his wife, in outlook 2003 on his laptop. Laptop connects to internet fine (wirelessly), sends email automatically when...

I couldn't send and receive email from outlook 2003 [ 4 Answers ]

I have a problem to send and receive email from outlook 2003 behind a linksys router. I configured my outlook 2003 auto send & receive email in every 1 min. When outlook starts send & receive process, It would pop up a window asking me Enter Network Password. When I click OK, it keeps pop up again...

View more questions Search