Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ronnie_7 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2008, 03:57 AM
    Title of a children's book?
    The book had a whole heap of short stories and nursery rhymes. There was a story near the middle of he book about a hat seller who has all these different coloured hats piled up and gets them stolen off him by monkeys in the tree. Some illustrations in the book were done by children. Also had "this old man" rhyme in it. Can anyone help?:confused:
    Goldtears Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2008, 05:37 PM
    I believe the story you are referring to is Caps for Sale: A Tale of a Peddler, Some Monkeys and Their Monkey Business by Esphyr Slobodkina. As for the collection, without more info, I couldn't tell you as there are many anthologies and collections available.
    Ronnie_7 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2008, 03:05 AM
    There was also a rhyme about a caterpillar in an apple?? The rhyme being - "i one it you two it" and so on... "you eight it". A story about an old man/woman living in an apple with animals... sorry I can't remember much more it was so long ago

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Children's Book- Unknown Title [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I'm new to this- but trying to find out name of a kid's book I read way back in the 70s. It was about a magic old-fashioned stove in a garden summerhouse. The kids cooked cakes n stuff that had magical effects when they ate them. Thanks

Children's book title [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for the title of a book about a young boy who gets lost and lives in the trunk of a tree.

Children's book title? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm looking for a book that I read in kindergarten (1976). It was about a little girl who had a doll, a teddy bear and a stuffed dog that her mother threw away. The toys came to life and tried to find their way home. In the meantime, the little girl became so upset that her toys were gone...

View more questions Search