Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roula Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2008, 06:11 PM
    Teenage abuse
    My Teenage daughter hits me. Whenever she feels she is not getting her way she lashes out. And she looks happy about it.

What can I do.

Ten she says she is sorry and will never let it happen again... but it does.

What should I do
    terellowens Posts: 123, Reputation: 9

Mar 5, 2008, 06:16 PM
    Punishment severe punishment.

Not allowing her to go out at weeekends!
    Banning her from things she likes

I never hit my mum but my sister did once and thts what my mum did she has been an angel since lol that happened when my sis was 12 and now she is 16... so aslong as it isn't 2 late ? Age 16-18 id say its 2 late IMO
    Diandra__Magdalene Posts: 8, Reputation: 0

Mar 6, 2008, 03:00 AM
    Well I wouldn't say severe punishment;
    Kind of sounds like beating her back.
    But yea I think banning her for ages.
    Make sure theeres noway she can just sneak outt.

Goodluckk
    kitten94515 Posts: 115, Reputation: 4

Mar 8, 2008, 10:02 AM
    Omg, well first of all I would never think of hitting my parents.
    But I don't know it sounds like she has a lot of anger and sadness in her life.
    Why don't u go to counseling?
    love is abby Posts: 114, Reputation: 2

Mar 8, 2008, 10:04 AM
    Therapy. Punishment would make her dislike you MORE. Trust me, I'm a teenager and my brother is sort of violent. Good luck, don't do or say anything you'll regret later.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 8, 2008, 01:11 PM
    Well personally if any child of mine even tried to hit me, they would be laying on the floor shortly there after. But you can turn them into Juv System, maybe send them to boot camp or some lock up for a bit.

No one should be in fear of anyone in their own home.
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Mar 8, 2008, 01:19 PM
    I would take her to the doctor to make sure there isn't some sort of physical or psychological problem to rule that out first. Then, I would get her into a counseling program, preferably one where she can talk to a counselor, by herself to work on her issues, and also with you so that the two of you can work on your relationship. If she continues, you might have to involve police. I know it is hard to have to do something like that, but you have to correct the problem now. If you try therapy and taking away privileges and she still continues to hit you, getting the police involved might be the best bet. She has to learn now that this behavior is unacceptable, otherwise she might go out and hit someone as an adult and get jail time for it. I really hope things work out for you, and let us know how it is going.
    kitten94515 Posts: 115, Reputation: 4

Mar 8, 2008, 04:50 PM
    You can't ask her to call the police on her own daughter.
    And let me tell you.
    Police don't help, it then triggers our sense against authority.
    Durr.
    And I'm serious.
    3x N Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2008, 10:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by roula
    My Teenage daughter hits me. Whenever she feels she is not getting her way she lashes out. And she looks happy about it.

What can I do.

Ten she says she is sorry and will never let it happen again.............but it does.

what should I do
    Hi your teenager daughter hits you?

Well have you tried taking her to see a docter why she does it
    xxtwincambabyxx Posts: 27, Reputation: 4

Mar 9, 2008, 07:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by roula

What can I do.

Ten she says she is sorry and will never let it happen again.............but it does.

what should I do
    Well sit her down and ask her why does she do this to you and that you are not accepting the word sorry anymore that it doesn't exist anymore and if you do not get the response you want then you will have to try punishments

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Teenage Son - I can't take him any more [ 29 Answers ]

I have a 16 year old son, he's disrespectful, hateful, foul mouthed and the boundarys we set mean nothing to him. I can't let him disrupt my home any longer and want to throw him out. Is there any way I can get him out of my house legally?

Teenage Pregnancy? [ 15 Answers ]

My son's girlfriend is 4 months pregnant. Her own mother will not take her to the doctor, She is constantly calling her names. Telling her she is going to take the baby from her. The verbal abuse is BAD, her mother is not doing anything to help the mother of my grandchild. I have been there for...

Teenage growth [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 15 and I'm 5'9 1/2, I haven't grown since I was about 13, will I grow anymore?

Teenage daughter [ 18 Answers ]

Dear sir/madam, I have seen my 16 year old daughter holding hands with her female friend- should I be worried about her sexual orientation? Thank you LUis

HELP with Teenage Daughter [ 8 Answers ]

I need help. My 17 year old daughter is pregnant and I cannot mentally deal with her decision to have a baby. Over the past five years my daughter has taken me through one bad ordeal after another. My family has tried to help but they have had to put her out of their homes. Recently our house...

View more questions Search