Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2008, 06:40 PM
    Glad to hear you had them removed! Now let's hope they don't grow back!!

JUST KIDDING!! (dental humour, sorry!)
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2008, 07:12 PM
    Dental Humor, I do hear that it's rare for people to have two sets of permanent teeth, just like it's rare to be born with 1 or three kidneys. Mom has 3. A co-worker was born with 1.
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2008, 07:17 PM
    That's true and some people have teeth BEHIND the wisdom teeth so instead of 32 teeth they could have 33-36. This is pretty rare too.
    topladyj Posts: 323, Reputation: 13

Apr 25, 2008, 10:49 AM
    Gosh flossie that sure would make me sad! Lol but I hope I'll be all right I did get dry socket but I am fighting that right now and the funny thing is I didn't drink out of a stawl and I don't smoke anymore so I don't know how I got it. But once I left the office that side was in more pain then the others. Bless you so much.
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2008, 11:01 AM
    I'm glad you are on the mend!

The blood clot could have swished out while rinsing or spitting. Not to worry, you sound like things are under control now and you won't have to worry about those nasty wisdom teeth again!

Apr 25, 2008, 11:08 AM
    They put a pack in it on wed and it keeps trying to come out when it does I push it back in with my tongue is this a bad idea should it come out?
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2008, 11:12 AM
    The pack should not be coming out. Have you called the dentist to tell them this?

Apr 25, 2008, 11:43 AM
    That's what I thought that's why I am still in pain. When it tries to come out I get this aweful pain but if I push it back down it seems to ease up a bit. I do have an appt Monday morning at 8 I called and told them today I was still in pain so as long as I can get through the weekend I think ill be okay I hope.
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2008, 02:59 PM
    If you are still experiencing pain you can alternate between Advil and Tylenol every 3 hours. Make sure you aren't eating foods that have residue like nuts, popcorn, and pasta. Avoid drinking carbonated beverages. Make sure when you push the packing back in the socket that your fingers are clean so you aren't reinfecting the site.
    Honestly, your dentist should be checking and replacing the packing every 24 hours until you are out of pain.

Apr 29, 2008, 12:44 PM
    Thanks for the advise although I have been eating those cups of roman noodles a lot lately I had no idea this could be bad. I got it repacked yesterday on Monday and it seems to feel a bit better. I do have a little bit of pain but nothing like it was. I haven't had a soda in forever also. Thanks for the info flossie. I do think I am on the path of healing finally.
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2008, 12:51 PM
    Neutrament, a meal in a can, helps a lot. From the grocery store. Don't get chocolate. Bad for healing.

Apr 29, 2008, 01:00 PM
    Do you think it would be by like boost and slimfast? Is it the same thing? Thanks I am willing to give anything a try.
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2008, 05:28 PM
    Ensure is another good choice as a meal replacement.

topladyj, have you seen your dentist yet??
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2008, 06:04 PM
    Product Detail (Nutrament ® ) - Novartis Medical Nutrition U.S.

It's much better for this application. Ask at the grocery store. It's not with Slimfast because that's diet stuff. This is a meal replacement.

Apr 30, 2008, 09:07 AM
    Thanks keepitsimplestupid, josh that name lol. Yes mame Flossie I had to go back they packed it twice for me. Yesterday I was still hurting but today I haven't taken a pain pill yet so I think I'm finally starting to heal and get over this which I am so happy about. I'm glad I only had to go through this once and it is a very painful experience like everyone told me it would be. Thanks to whoever recommended a college that was a great idea and I had it all done in less then two months. Thanks Flossie for helping me through this you truly are a blessing in itself. :)

Jan 6, 2009, 11:24 AM

College Denistry is a good thing I have had tons of work done since and my mouth keeps feeling better and better thanks for the heads up
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 6, 2009, 04:11 PM

Yes, college dentistry benefits all involved. The client and the newby doing the work. They really need to know what they are doing to succeed in dentistry. Plus you have to have a lot of guts (LOL) to do it topladyj I salute you! Just kidding
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2009, 07:43 PM

Glad to hear you're getting your dental work done. The big job for you now is to maintain things. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pain after wisdom tooth removal [ 2 Answers ]

OK - I had a Wisdom Tooth pulled - it was not impacted. It was full of decay under the last filling. I ended up with a "dry socket" in that tooth. Went back to my Oral Surgeon who put a "pac" in it - felt so much better. Had pac taken out - the hole is much better but the bridge in front of it...

Finger in butt? [ 7 Answers ]

My son is 8 yrs old and has ADHD. He has always been fasinated with the "holes" in his body, such as ears and nose. It started when he was 2 with tissue up the nose and a two hour er visit to have it all removed. From then on it continued until about 4. I know that children do that with ears...

A bigger butt [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everone Is there a way that I could possibly make my butt bigger, and my waist smaller through exercise or food?

Wisdom Teeth pain [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new here, but I wanted to ask some questions about wisdom teeth. I have my upper right wisdom tooth, I can feel the others trying to come in. I am waiting on my insurance to kick in so I can have them removed. What is best for pain until I can get this done? :confused:

Workin' my butt off... yet it's still there! [ 5 Answers ]

Here's a bit of background... I am 36 years old, have two children, 6 and 3. I had my thyroid checked about 2 years ago and unfortunately (or fortunatley, I guess) I can't blame my weight on that as I did not have any thyroid issues at the time. My mother does have an underactive thyroid, by the...

View more questions Search