Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2006, 08:29 PM
    Painting Shutters
    Hello Out There!
    I want to paint my vinyl shutters. They currently have an enamel paint on them. I painted one with the latex exterior paint that I want to use, but it feels rubbery and it's not sticking very good. Do I need to strip the enamel off or sand it? I guess I need to know how to prepare the surface for painting? Any advise would be helpful.
    Thanks,
    -Kae
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2006, 04:45 AM
    If the paint does not stick well, sanding shutters is difficult...

Here's a product I've used in the past and it works well:
    http://www.plasti-kote.com/plastikot...iquidSandpaper

Just brush it on and it chemically "roughens" the surface so the paint will stick better.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2006, 09:36 AM
    Seems like a great product!! Thanks for sharing!!
    -Kae

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Painting Fun! [ 3 Answers ]

Here's a place where you can indulge your inner abstract expressionist: move your mouse to splatter virtual paint and click to change the color. To create a hard copy, right-click on the "canvas" and select Print. Painting Fun I am not printing mine out and showing it to anybody. Let's just...

Painting [ 3 Answers ]

Can I apint on treated wood?

Painting [ 1 Answers ]

I have a painting that has paris etching society ny usa at the top and I believe the name is Diane Emmla Leconte. Can you tell me if she is a artist and if so how much is the painting worth?

Window shutters [ 4 Answers ]

How do I make shutters for my windows

Painted shutters - white powdery haze forming [ 7 Answers ]

It was suggested to me where I bought my paint that I strip the enamel off because the paint was not sticking, so I did. Then I cleaned them with soap and rinsed them. I primed them then painted them. They looked really good. I let them dry for a day then put them on the house (last night). This...

View more questions Search