Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    generous georges Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2008, 08:05 AM
    Restaurant Investor
    My wife and I live near a military base in NC (Camp Lejeune, Jacksonville) and in an area that is growing very rapidly. There are NO Italian restaurants in the area and we are opening the first. We will also be opening at least one more in a nearby city (Wilmington). This will be a franchise that is based out of northern Virginia and we will be the first to open out of state. We are beginning the search for possible investors for the first restaurant and possibly subsequent stores as well. Please contact me if you are an investor or have advice on the best way to go about securing an investor(s).
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2008, 08:35 AM
    Hello generous:

Nobody is going to invest in a restaurant idea. Well, maybe your family might.

But, people WILL invest in a successful restaurant. Check back when you're kicking butt at your first location.

excon
    brunello27 Posts: 4, Reputation: 0

Aug 30, 2008, 10:58 AM
    Comment on excon's post
    Total offbase user loser
    brunello27 Posts: 4, Reputation: 0

Aug 30, 2008, 11:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by generous georges
    My wife and I live near a military base in NC (Camp Lejeune, Jacksonville) and in an area that is growing very rapidly. There are NO Italian restaurants in the area and we are opening the first. We will also be opening at least one more in a nearby city (Wilmington). This will be a franchise that is based out of northern Virginia and we will be the first to open out of state. We are beginning the search for possible investors for the first restaurant and possibly subsequent stores as well. Please contact me if you are an investor or have advice on the best way to go about securing an investor(s).
    The single most important move you can make is to find the 'rarified true consultant', in the risky, subjective and tumultuous restaurant business - even if you are doing a franchise or fast-food. I have found Invest Dining Solutions through some serious contacts I made by networking in the industry. It is based in New York City. Anyone without any past experience, or for everyone who is currently flailing, there is no other option if you plan to stay in business or be in business in the near future.
    Everyone is looking for, restaurant investors, so it takes seed capital from you/friends and family to approach IDS to develop a business model and concept in order to have any chance from the beginning.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Local Tulsa Investor Needs to Liquidate [ 1 Answers ]

I have (3) investment properties for sale in Oklahoma. I need to sell them a.s.a.p. for what I owe. Each property has been completely remodeled and with the right landlord could be great for rentals. What would be the best way to market and sell these? I'm at the breaking the bank point...

Need Investor(s) [ 4 Answers ]

I am in the Austin, Texas area and have everything I need to start my restaurant... everything except 1-2 investors. Could anyone give me advice on how I can go about finding investors? Any help and/or info would be appreciated.

Amateur investor [ 2 Answers ]

I am an amateur in investing I have been following the US stock market and researching stocks for the past 6 months and reading books that would help me with the stocks. I would like to start investing money into the stock market, but I am anxious if I have enough knowledge to start with. Is it...

View more questions Search