Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JuliaK Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2008, 04:16 AM
    The emotionally unavailable man
    My question is, is the emotionally unavailable man only like this with the person he is because he does not love them? And therefore when he finds the right one he will be ready for a relationship?

Or

Would he be this way with any woman he was with?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2008, 04:19 AM
    I'm not quite sure what you mean by "emotionally unavailable." Would you please elaborate on that a little? Thank you.
    JuliaK Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2008, 04:58 AM
    Well I've read articles on the net about "emotionally unavailable" men. They start really keen and chase the woman they are interested to go out with them but as soon as she starts to like them back and shows she cares they back off.. They are still in a relationship with the person but don't see them often, don't show their feelings etc. so yeah that's why I was curious is this the type of behaviour that these types of people will always show in relationships? Or are they acting this way because they are not really into the person they are with?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 5, 2008, 10:50 AM
    Its about them, not you, as men that are seemingly unemotional, are often not sure how to express how they feel, or have a problem communicating those feelings. Patients and paying attention to their actions, and not words is so essential to understanding them. They may never bring flowers, but will make sure your life is secure. Woman who are more emotionally needy, will never be a good match, unless she is very secure, in herself, and understands, and accepts his shortcomings, in this area of communicating.
    vivia12 Posts: 143, Reputation: 15

Mar 1, 2009, 12:44 PM
    I have been reading a lot on this too, an unavailable man will always be that way with whomever he's with-if not now then eventually . There's a chance he may be more available to the person he really fancy's but think about it, if he has a pattern chasing and withdrawing he will always do the same thing to someone else in some level.
    Best thing to do is NOT to deal with him, I am learning this after all this time,its sinking in my head. Ask yourself Is it worth continually settle for crumbs from this person and be a standby for him till something better comes along?
    A close door will always be a close doorand it doesn't feel good at all.
    I'll I say best thing is to protect yoruself from this brick wall relationship if you find yourself with that kind of man/ has nothing to do with neediness,this type of guy I feel acts like any simple request a woman does is asking too much.
    Man.
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2009, 06:46 PM

Who cares?

If he's not bringing anything to your table he can get his feet out from under them?

Really if someone doesn't make you feel good then you can't le them stay in your life or your head.
    susiesunflower Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2010, 04:05 PM
    I have been in a 3 year relationship with what I think is just this sort of man. Having read on thet net the signs I definitely think he is one and the same. I recently found out that he was been cheating with another woman and has been doing this behind my back for 16 months! I happened to see this other woman in his car and he made the excuse it was a family members wife, but when I went and asked she denied being anyone's wife ad was shocked to find out I existed, I was shellshocked to find out that she did too! He told me he was volunteering etc and working late when it seems he was with her and he never mentioned to her he had a partner. To cut a long story short I told her a few home truths and I have totally told him I don't want anything to do with him. There is a saying 'if he makes you cry, he isn't the man for you' and I have remembered that over the years and found it to be true. The trouble is, once you have met one of these types of men and got hurt, it puts you off other men who may be decent!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dealing with an Emotionally Numb Man [ 23 Answers ]

I've been dating this guy who is a victim of extreme hurt from a past relationship and due to his past hurt he has put up this wall that won't allow him to get hurt. Well, he would like to feel love for another person but now he doesn't know how to take the wall down. So where we're at is at 5...

Why does everyone seem to be emotionally crushing me? [ 3 Answers ]

Im a 19 year old girl, who born with a cleft lip and palate has been through tough operations and a lot of bullying about it throughout school. I also had weight issues and have been somewhat overweight for most of my life. Two years ago, I was sexually abused by my father, which destroyed me as...

I am emotionally hurt and confused in life! [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I am and a relation ship from one year now... and its been 3 months me and my boyfriend had sex.I was a girl who believed in virginity and losing it only after marriage.My boyfriend kept on promising me tat he will not do it before marriage but finally one day he had sex with me.in April I...

Got beat up, not doing so well emotionally. [ 5 Answers ]

About a little more than a month ago I was jumped by three guys at school and I'm having a lot of trouble dealing with it, I broke my jaw and received a consussion during the fight, the guys were arrested and we are going to sue and all that but it still odesnt help. I know they will get in some...

Vehicle in repair shop for 6 weeks now. Part unavailable! [ 3 Answers ]

On 01/24/2007 my 2006 Dodge Ram broke down in California. I had to fly home to NC to take my husband to his cancer doctor. I received a call from the Dodge dealer in Blythe, CA where my vehicle broke down and they informed me that I needed a new transmission. I told them to fix it as soon as...

View more questions Search