Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blazer_pdx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2008, 10:00 PM
    Amana hi efficiency furnace
    I have Amana hi efficiency furnace. For some reason when furnace is working it works only for about five minutes and than it shows the code that the furnace is overheated. So it runs for 5 minutes and than cool down for 10. Imagine what it takes to heat the house.
    Changing the filters on a regular bases, have enough return air. Have no idea what could be the problem.
    Please help
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 5, 2008, 01:56 AM
    Are all the discharge registers in every room open?
    What is the number of flashes exactly?
    What does the drawing say the number of flashes mean exactly?

I will compare this info with the Amana schedule I have

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Amana 80 High Efficiency Furnace [ 3 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, Can anybody tell me if my Amana 80 SSE furnace has a Thermalcouple? My furnace started cutting out last night and I started asking around and a couple people told me that's what might be the problem. Someone else told me that my type of furnace doesn't have a Thermalcouple, but...

Concord 90% Efficiency Furnace Troubleshooting [ 2 Answers ]

The furnaces vent blower comes on then no ignition of gas ,so it turns back off.? Does anyone know the Led Trouble shooting codes for this counterflow furnace? Model #45738-001.

Furnace efficiency [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Concord hi efficiency furnace (125 BTU). It is piped with 3-inch supply and 3-inch exhaust rather than the 2-1/2 inch as recommended in the installation manual. Will this affect the efficiency?

Humidifier and high efficiency furnace [ 2 Answers ]

I have 7 years old high efficiency furnace and new flow through humidifier. Problem is that I do not have necessary level of humidity in my house. It is never more then 26%, which is dry. Should be between 40-60%. Everything works fine, water flows through humidifier every time furnace...

Home Furnace Efficiency Ratings [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking to build a house and so going through the process of understanding the details of the specs. Right now the builder uses an 80% Efficiency model, but others use a 90%. Is the 10% worth the investment to upgrade to (have not asked what that is). What number should I be looking at or...

View more questions Search