Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    winkles117 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2008, 08:26 PM
    Print spooler
    Every time I turn my computer on my print spooler is running and I have to go in to my computer and the manage area and shut it down and then go back in and start it back up every time I want to print something. Is there anyway to debug it so I don't have to do this every time?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Mar 6, 2008, 11:27 AM
    Your print spooler is a background service, why do you want it shut down?

It should make little or no difference to the overall through-put of the operating system.

By the way, what is the Operating System you are using (version of Window)?
    winkles117 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2008, 10:19 PM
    Windows xp. Because with it running all the time instead of running then shutting itself back down it keeps running like it has another job to print and its eating up all my cpu and making my computer drag. Thinking maybe a virus?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Mar 7, 2008, 12:23 PM
    The print spooler does not work like that. It should be hardly a blink on system usage, Are you say that that it actually shows up as a fully active application?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Print spooler not working :( help please [ 17 Answers ]

OK first of all my dad wanted to move the computer so he just unplugged all the wires and replugged them... before we moved the computer, the printer was still working and after we moved the computer, and replugged the printer, the hp deskjet printer is missing when I go to "Printers and Faxes" and...

Print spooler keeps stopping [ 7 Answers ]

I am trying to install a printer but it keeps telling me the print spooler has stopped. I went into component services and re-started the print spooler service. I tried to install the printer again and again it tells me the print spooler stopped. I go back and check and yes, it quit again. Also...

Print wireless without a print server [ 4 Answers ]

Print wireless without a print server how? My name is bob I have desktop running win xp home ed with a printer. I would like to print to my laptop (wireless) how do I print wireless without buying a print server?:(

Won't Print [ 1 Answers ]

I have styus C 80 printer .After being out of Blk. Ink for several months I finally replaced the cartridge. At 1st the paper would come out w/ nothing on it at all, Then I got a pop up saying among other things "THIS PRINTER COULD NOT BE INSTALLED,RESTART WINDOWS & THEN TRY AGAIN" . Now tonight I...

How do I print [ 2 Answers ]

I use win98se. I have a folder that has both audio and video files in it . How do I print the contents of this folder. I tried to copy and paste into wordpad but that didn't work.I also tried hitting the print screen key and alt+print keys and that didn't work. Can I print just the info in the...

View more questions Search