Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xkom12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2008, 07:24 PM
    My bank account got red flag I need my money who can I call for the bank to relase it
    I have a over sea investment account that I have had for many years now. I am in some financial problem and need to liquidate that account. It a very large some of money. I got the account wire transfer to my bank account. I knew the bank would red flag it because of the large amount but now it been two week. I’ve talked to the account manager and said things need to be verify and that why my account is being on hold. I’ve call the bank president and he has done nothing to help me. I need my money and the bank refuse to release it. I told the bank that I need my money cause I am homeless right now. I got evicted from my apartment and now living with a friend. I need to have my money. They have no reason for holding my money. Who can I call to so that I can get my money?
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2008, 07:34 PM
    You have to call that bank and your bank to ask them to complete the transaction. They obviously have either gotten an order to hold the account, or they need to process things before they do it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 4, 2008, 07:38 PM
    What nation is the money coming from ?
    How much is it.

There is so much bank fraud, esp using some forms of bank transfers, they often have to have the accounts do the transfers and confirm, it can take several weeks for it all to clear completely. Esp if the bank they are coming from is not part of the same clearning house system they use.
    CrimsonPlatypus Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Sep 4, 2008, 12:26 PM
    Additionally, if the originiting country is on the Office of Foreign Assets Control sanctioned list (Iran, Libya, Laos, you get the picture), your money can be held indefinitely.

If this is the case, you need to peitition the U.S. Treasury to get your money.
    James77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2010, 11:14 AM
    You should have sent the money tt and made it same day payment, but only small amount so you could go direct to the bank where you money is. Also you should have asked the bank to send you just under the limit money each day western union, or money gram so you would have money in your hand. Also you could have asked the bank to send you bank draft direct to you where you live in small amounts. If you are from usa you should have had the money sent in euro dollars. Privatebanking77
    kerrysams74 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2012, 10:26 AM
    If my account is red flagged will I still be able to get my money back out of there or not... please advise
    Johnnylately Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2012, 01:34 PM
    My account has been red flagged again this makes the 4th time and they send my checks back... what is the problem, they keep telling me someone hacked into my account?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stealing money from bank account [ 3 Answers ]

Recently someone I know took money from my mothers checking account via using her debit card... This happened in July of this year, 2007... He had promised to start paying the money back and has yet to do so... Is there an SOL for him in the state of Florida as I want to file charges against him......

Can a creditor garnish my wages or take money out of my bank account? [ 2 Answers ]

I recently received court papers from an old credit card debt. The paper say I have 30 days to respond or judgement will be ruled in favor of creditor. I called the creditor and they will not take less than $350/month for my $4000 debt. I'm a single mother of 2 and cannot afford $350 a month. ...

Judgement with my bank account what happens to the money held? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a judgement against me for an old medical bill, they froze my account and took the money out, if I pay them in full does that money that was froze get put back into my account?

Bank account money attachment [ 6 Answers ]

I found that in Texas you can send a simple letter telling your bank not to honor any money Attachments from your bank account by anyone but the IRS and court approved depentdent Support payments. The Texas bank is then not entitled, by law to attach any bank funds. Is This also true in Arizona?...

Bank taking money from b. Account [ 3 Answers ]

We were recently brought to the attention of a 11 year old debt through our bank.They could give us no hard proof of this debt being ours. The simple fact is we did borrow money from them and is was not that much. Our files were stolen and we received a paper stating that our debt had been forgiven...

View more questions Search