Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NZ HAIR BOY Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2008, 07:08 PM
    Advise: dyed hair went dark brown/purple
    Hi

I recently bleached my hair platinum blonde from an ash brown. This stage all went well. Eventually I just got sick of it after a couple of months. After reading some advice on getting it back to a brown colour, I bought 2 dyes to step it back in 2 stages. Stage 1. A red dye. Stage 2. A brown dye.

Unfortunately the only red the store had was a really dark red, so when I went for stage 2, my hair went REALLY dark, with just the slightest tinge of maybe purple.

My question is... Is there anyway of lightening my hair slightly removing a little bit of the red tone? Or at least getting rid of the purple tinge?

Any advice would be much appreciated. Please do not mention a salon. It is not going to happen, and being a guy, if I completely ruin it, I will shave it all off (Althought I would really rateher not

Thanks

NZ HAIR BOY
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Mar 5, 2008, 04:58 PM
    Hey, sweetie. I've received your PM. The hair color you used may have contained a red-violet base, resulting in a purple tinge. I would recommend using a hair color remover to strip away the color and then re-color your hair. After removing the color you're hair will look raw and brassy, so use a "neutral" hair color that's a shade lighter than your previous or natural color. This will tone your hair down and take you closer to your desired color. You will find hair color removers and hair coloring products at a beauty supply store. Ask a friend that's knowledgeable in hair coloring to help you with the stripping and coloring process.
    jellyfish.239 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2010, 01:48 PM

I did the Same. And unfortunately I am sitting here with my dark brown/reddy/purple almost black hair and I hate it. Its not me at all. I really miss my blonde colour. And I am going to try to strip it and recolour it (yn) hopefully it won't go gingerish. Or salmon pink.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I lighten my dark dark "brown" dyed hair? [ 1 Answers ]

I have had my hair dyed 2 times before, and I tried to go for a lighter brown then my natural colour (medium brown) and each time it turned orange after a couple of weeks. Last night I went to get my hair dyed again, and I wanted a darker brown, so my hair would not turn orange. When my hair was...

Advise on how to lighten hair that was dyed too dark [ 1 Answers ]

I have naturally dark brown hair. I colored it at home using a dark brown color (cornsilk #613) and it turned out black. Now when I look at myself that is all I see. Is there anything that can be done at home to lighten my hair? I've heard to use prell, laundry soap, dish soap or dandruff shampoo....

Dyed my hair and it has turned purple what do I do [ 2 Answers ]

I have dyed my hair and it has turned purple what do I do

View more questions Search