Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1234AAA Posts: 19, Reputation: 4

Mar 4, 2008, 06:21 PM
    After sinus surgery
    I had septoplasty and turbinate surgery 4 months ago. I have had 2 sinus infections since then. I thought the surgery was supposed to stop the infections. My husband had the same surgery 1 year ago by a different surgeon. I find it odd that we both NEEDED to have the same surgery. Thankfully my husband has not had any infections since his surgery. Could there possibly be something in our environment, an allergy or something, that could've caused these infections?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 4, 2008, 07:57 PM
    From what I have read on it, over 80 percent of the populaton has this.

What is Septoplasty and Turbinate Surgery?
    wnk_1001 Posts: 46, Reputation: 4

Mar 5, 2008, 07:21 AM
    What a sad statistic.

Mar 5, 2008, 07:27 AM
    Thanks for your reply Fr_Chuck.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2008, 07:31 AM
    Almost my whole family suffers from sinus problems. Seem as though 2 of my children have been plauged with it. I have talked extensively to a doctor about it because my oldest son suffers terribly with it. He said that a lot of it is due the structure of our face, nasal cavity. Also the environment that we live in couold make it worse. He also said that surgery would be the only thing to possibly make the problem better. No guarantees.

Mar 5, 2008, 11:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bushg
    Almost my whole family suffers from sinus problems. Seem as though 2 of my children have been plauged with it. I have talked extensively to a doctor about it because my oldest son suffers terribly with it. He said that alot of it is due the structure of our face, nasal cavity. Also the environment that we live in couold make it worse. He also said that surgery would be the only thing to possibly make the problem better. No guarantees.
    Sorry to hear that your family and children suffer from this. I'm on the road to 40 and only recently encountered this problem. I am not sure how I would have coped with this illness as a child. I shudder to think.

I had a cat scan six months before my surgery, and was told that my septum was in the midline. Somehow, within a 6 month period it became deviated?? The doc told me it was from constant infections...

I have two healthy siblings, and I am the only member of my family to have this. Whoever told you the surgery comes with no guarantees was right... I don't think I have ever regretted anything more.

I wish the best for you and your family and thank you for the reply.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 5, 2008, 04:31 PM
    Yes, I have had that ( plus some additional operatoins) on mine 4 times over the past 15 years.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Muffled hearing after sinus/grommet surgery [ 6 Answers ]

HELP HELP HELP!! I'm at my wits end. I had sinus surgery June last year, which went OK but it left both ears feeling blocked. After a period of watchful waiting my consultant inserted grommets into both ears. Unfortunately one of ears still hasn't cleared, that was over 3 months ago and I now have...

Cosmetic Surgery thesis statement on Risks and benefits of Cosmetic Surgery [ 4 Answers ]

I need a thesis statement on Cosmetic Surgery, I will be during my essay on Risks and benefits. What are your thoughts?

Sinus [ 1 Answers ]

DEAR SIR, From past one year I have terrible headache and also body pain ,sore throat , breathing problem, bad breath coming from nose and mouth. When I start to speak to my friend they avoiding me because of my bad breath from mouth and nose. Palese help me from this . ...

Sinus infection? [ 2 Answers ]

This is the first time this has ever happened to me. I think I have a sinus infection, my ears are constantly clogged and feel like they need to pop, and my head hurts so bad in the back, top, front, and sides, it hurts worse when I bend down to fast like a thumping pain. The only problem is my...

View more questions Search