Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TCO Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2008, 07:51 AM
    GE Refrigerator In-door Water Dispenser
    My side-by-side refrigerator is making ice, but no water flows through the dispenser. There is water flowing through the tubes that bring water to the refrigerator. My MWF SmartWater Filtration cartridge will be a year old in April. Could it be clogged? Should I replace the filter, or do I need to call for a repair?
    bustedfrige Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2010, 05:31 AM

This is a common problem on GE refrigerators where the water line freezes in the door. It happened to mine and I spent good amount of time trying to fix it. Fortunately, I discovered that GE has released a water line heater that fixes it for $30 and 15 minutes. I noticed a lot of other people having the same issue so I blogged the symptoms, part and the fix. You can read about it here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GE refrigerator water dispenser [ 25 Answers ]

I was searching your site for answers to my GE side by side refrigerator water dispenser. The line freezes in the door just like many of the ones I have read here. I have heard GE has replaced some doors for people and I have heard they now have a heater for the dispenser. I don't know what the...

FRIGIDAIRE FRS20ZRG Refrigerator Water Dispenser [ 3 Answers ]

FRIGIDAIRE FRS20ZRG Water Dispenser? My FRIGIDAIRE Refrigerator Model FRS20ZRG in-the-door water dispenser's output has significantly slowed. The problem has evolved to now also effect the ice maker's ice production. When I removed the water filter the flow at the dispenser in the door returned...

GE Refrigerator water dispenser intermittently working [ 229 Answers ]

I have a GE side-by-side refrigerator with a ice maker and water dispenser. In the last 3-4 months the water dispenser shuts off intermittently, but comes back to life on its own. I have changed the water filter as well as cleaned the water line, but haven't been able to identify the problem. The...

GE refrigerator with leaky water dispenser [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Stainless Steel GE refrigerator less than one year old with a leaky water dispenser. Refrigerator has been replaced a couple of times by GE and leaky door has been replaced 3 or 4 times. I would like to find out how to file a lawsuit against GE since they can NOT fix the problem nor they...

View more questions Search