Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smbaxter1265 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2008, 07:42 AM
    We ran into this problem when we were going to invite my fiance's small church to our wedding. The church has members with children that are very disruptive in a normal service (with a congregation that size... it is probably hard not to disrupt!), and we feared what would happen during our vows.

Here is how we handled our invite to the congregation:

Groom and Bride
    Invite the ChurchName Family
    To share as witnesses with their family and friends in their vows of marriage

Saturday April 11th at 2 p.m. at Church Name
    Cake and punch reception to follow

In respect for the reverence of the occasion, we ask that adults only attend the ceremony.
    the1unv Posts: 285, Reputation: 31

Mar 14, 2008, 08:26 AM
    I will toss in something... My brother was married 2 years ago, My sister-in-laws father spent over $200,000 on the wedding. There was hundreds of people there. The entire wedding was shot on three different cameras from different angles, then put together for an awesome video. I was visiting the other day and we watched the tape... the best parts were watching the kids... their looks, actions, etc... The reason for me saying this, I noticed a few suggestions of an "cut off" age. Well in watching this tape it is obvious that there are 4 year old kids with more respect and longer attention spans then some 14 year olds. I don't think a cut off age would help. If I were you with your situation I would send out invitations stating " My fiancee and I are throwing an adult party at which we will be married, Family BBQ and childrens party to follow on Sunday afternoon"
    I would not want to be in your shoes, I do understand, Just Have Fun!!
    Mike

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Does Grandma have much say in who comes to the wedding? [ 8 Answers ]

My son is getting married in February. My mother (grandma) is exerting extreme pressure about family members who she wants included. These family members had little if anything to do with my son. He does not want to invite these people. I am stuck in the middle. Help!

About the wedding [ 3 Answers ]

I am getting merried on Saturday and I am trying to find some good songs that can be played at the reception. Is there anyone out there that can give me any names of songs. It can be any song. The group that is going to be there is a mix of young and old as me and the sonn to be are only 26, but on...

Wedding [ 5 Answers ]

I fiancé and I are planning our wedding which started to be a large affair.. However, with everyone’s lack of interest I would just rather elope. My family lives 3000 miles away and I’ve tried communicating by phone with what needs to be done but it just ends up in an argument. My mother is not as...

My election day wedding! [ 28 Answers ]

My fiancé Alex and I JUST decided tonight when our shotgun wedding (just kidding!) will be... January 23, which also happens to be the day of the Canadian Federal Election. When we were discussing dates, Alex jokingly mentioned election day, and I laughed, but then we thought why not? We want to...

Wedding help [ 10 Answers ]

Hello! Could use some advice... we live in a rural area where it seems to be custom to asking neighbors (invited as guests) to help clean up the bride/groom's table, doing dishes, setting out food on buffet arranged tables, etc. My husband and I always argue every time I get one of these invites...

View more questions Search