Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2006, 09:32 AM
    In Loving Memory.
    Hi,
    I am posting this in Other Family & People, instead of Pets & Animals, because our 12 yrs old mixed breed housedog, terrior-poodle, Molly, was our "home" family. Our daughter, son-in-law, and grandson live about 4 hours drive away.
    I am hoping this well help me, and I know my wife has been emailing this morning with good friends and phone conversations.
    Our beloved dog Molly passed away in my arms this morning, Sunday, without pain. We buried her in her favorite place in our large back yard, wrapped in her favorite blanket, with 2 of her first toys, in a "casket" of a "tote-carrier" bag.
    She had been to a good Vet Services just this last Friday, 2 hours drive away, and had some last "hope" effort medications. She had cancer, with very low red blood cell count, and an enlarged spleen. The Vet had told me it was only a matter of time, maybe a few months left, with some good quality life, if the last medications helped to increase the red blood cell count; but it didn't. I didn't have the money needed for a blood transfusion.
    I called the Vet this morning, and she started crying, too. She told me that Molly would be welcome in their pet cemetery, located in the Mountains where there facilities are. But, my wife and I wanted her resting place to be where she loved, in the back yard.
    She was a very loving dog, knew when either of us were sick, would comfort us, and we comforted her, guarded our home, and would have given her life to protect us. Twelve years is a long time.
    I know we will eventually get a puppy from an animal shelter sometime, but it's just too soon to think about it now. I will miss my traveling companion, as she loved to go with me anywere in my pickup truck (riding in the bench seat with me up front), or in our car. I even left the vehicle running with the air-conditioner on when it was too hot to leave her for 5 or 10 minutes.
    My wife has been on the computer since daybreak, for something to do to help get her mind off it, somewhat. I don't know what the future will bring, but I do know that God will not put more on us than we can handle; He promised us that.
    Thank you for allowing me to post this, and I do hope all your pets are in good health and happy.
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Jan 29, 2006, 12:37 PM
    Fred,in 1997,our border collie,called Ben,who was 13 at the time,suffered a stroke whilst we (the family),were on holiday in the Somerset region of England.He had been "off-colour" for some time,but on tablets from the vet,and was not that unwell,as not being able to travel.We took all vet advice seriously.One lovely morning,we were walking along the beach,when Ben suddenly started to yelp.I lent down to see what was wrong,and he just keeled over.It was a dreadful moment.We could not take him home,obviously,but took him to a local vet in Somerset,who very kindly "took care of everything".The rest of the holiday was a blur to say the least.We seriously thought about returning home that day,but decided to stay,after much discussion.
    When we did return home,nine days later,I cannot tell you how the "atmosphere" felt.It will take time,but as they say,you have good memories,plus no doubt photographs.At the moment,as a family you must be feeling quite low,but honestly Fred,things will eventually get better.All the best.
    nwsflash Posts: 530, Reputation: 73

Jan 29, 2006, 12:56 PM
    Fredg I'm sorry to hear of your loss, a pet that has been part of the family for so long is tuff to lose, and you will feel the normal greving pain. I'm pleased that you had your last moments in peace, and it was peaceful passing.

May God Bless You And Your Family
    NwsFlasH
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2006, 12:58 PM
    I just wanted to send you a huge cyber hug, its just awfull losing anyone be it a pet or a person keep your chin up and go give your wife a huge hug from me too xxxx laura
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2006, 09:52 PM
    So sorry about your pup, Fred. Pets are members of the family and it's so difficult when they're gone. My thoughts will be with you and your family!
    momincali Posts: 641, Reputation: 242

Jan 29, 2006, 11:36 PM
    Fred, I am so, so sorry for your loss. I can feel in your post how much love you and your wife shared with this great animal of yours. Molly went in peace in the arms of her master, you comforted her in her time of need and you should feel good about that. After a devastating loss, many pet owners vow to never again put themselves in such a vulnerable position and opt not to open their homes and hearts to another. I'm glad that you and your wife are looking toward the future and willing to give your love once more to a dog in need, a dog that will help heal your pain. This dog will surely be a lucky one to find it's way into your home and reward you in kind tenfold. Again, my condolences to you and your wife.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2006, 06:27 AM
    Hi,
    I thank all of you, from the bottom of my heart. It helps tremendously to share grief, and read what you have said.
    Thank you again.
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Loving someone for their money? [ 45 Answers ]

OK.. when I love someone, I know that I love them for them. I'd say that I'm a nice guy, with good moral values, etc, etc. However recently I have noticed that I react differently to girls with money (with really rich parents). Like... its hard to explain it but I just want to love those type of...

Pny memory [ 5 Answers ]

Has any one had any experience with PNY memory? I saw Tiger Direct had some on sale for a good price. The reviews aren't so good. Many incompatible problems. I have a emachines t3882. There website said it could take 400mhz pc3200 512mb ddr memory. I haven't looked inside my machine yet to see what...

Memory [ 4 Answers ]

What is the difference bet. Physical memory and virtual memory. I have a total physical memory of 256MB and available is 29.70 MB while virtual is 2.00GB and available 1.96MB. Does this mean that I do not have enough space that's why I'm having slow startup?

Not enough memory [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, sometimes when I attempt to connect to a web site, doesn't matter which one, I get a message that says not enough memory to run this program close one or more programs. If I do C/A/D to see what is running, the normal stuff is there and then Webshots, webshots all the way down the little...

View more questions Search