Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Readster Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2008, 09:02 PM
    Portable DVD player - portable battery
    We're getting ready to take a long trip (air mostly) with the kids, and have purchased two Sony FX810's for their use. The battery's are new, and in good shape, I let them each use the players ONE day to see how long the life was, and we got about 2 1/2 moves out of them - or roughly 5 hours as stated.

So - is there a solution to the portable battery issue? I've see the Energizer battery packs, but reviews are aweful - stating they only give 2 to 3 additional hours of time - I could almost buy a second FX810 for what one of those cost and just keep the battery.

For a solution to be worth while, it would have to be under $50 and provide up to 4 additional hours of play time. I have the settings set very conservativly on the players for brightness and warmth... so that should help.

Any other suggestions?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2008, 07:25 AM
    A battery used for alarm systems could work. It is 12 Volt, 7Ah(Amp/hour). Physical dimensions are about 3.5" tall, 3" deep, and about 6" wide. May have to use voltage adapter from 12 to ? They also make a little charging board, and transformer to recharge.
    What is the voltage and Amp/Hour of current battery? This could give an idea how long this will last, It is slightly heavy for travel.
    Readster Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2008, 08:32 AM
    I believe the Sony runs at 9.4v and the current battery is a 4500ah Lithium rechargeable - there aren't any real specifics on the battery itself, that's just what I've found from other message boards.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2008, 11:40 AM
    4500 Ah is 4.5 Ah(Amp/hours)They do make a smaller battery if the excess capacity is not needed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Portable dishwasher [ 2 Answers ]

We got a portable ultra wash kenmoore dishwasher from craiglist, we cannot get the water to come out of the sprayer, any ideas how to get it going?

Portable Jump Starter doesn't charge flat battery? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have the Yellow Portable Jump Starter with Air Compressor, The problem is I have charged it fully and it always stays at 13 on the meter Which is in the green which is supposed to be good. When my cars battery goes flat it doesn't charge the battery, doesn't do anything, But it...

Portable dvd player [ 3 Answers ]

I want to purchase a portable dvd player for a christmas gift, but I don't want to buy the cheapest thing available and have it fall apart on me or in this case the recipient of the gift. I mean he's my fiancé but still... that would just be awful! I've heard some cheaper models are good but then...

Portable generators [ 2 Answers ]

I know there are a few threads about this but I wanted to clarify the answers for myself. First of all, we live in an area that has a high water table. I also heard the power goes out quite frequently. If that happens and our sump pump isn't able to work... well our basement will be in about 3-4...

View more questions Search