Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wed Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2008, 08:14 PM
    Clicking in Ear
    I noticed recently with my left ear on my pillow a fast clicking sound, and only when my ear is touching the pillow... this is also the ear I use my cell phone with, which by the way can make my norco razer start running with out turning it on when I activate my cell phone... so I don't know if it is connected to using the phone, as I am in sales and use both the office and my cell... at 68 I still have excellent hearing in that ear... my right ear does not have as good a hearing... could it be the hammer is picking up radio fregencies as you can make a simple device with capicitors, diodes and a simple antena and produce voltage to charge your cell phone with..?

Who's got the right answer??

Wed
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2008, 08:35 PM
    Some people say that cell phones can cause health problems, even cancer.
    Most of the reports say 'The jury is still out on that'
    I know if I use my cell phone for too long my ear feels heated up.

4. Electronic devices, like cell phones can cause cancer in the people who use them.

Nearly 30% believed this, although there is no scientific evidence to prove or disprove the relationship between cell-phone use and brain cancer. The National Cancer Institute continues to study any possible links, but they note that the rapidly changing technology of cell phones (newer phones emit less potential cancer-causing radiation than older models) and the difficulty of documenting the duration of people's exposure could make a definitive answer difficult.
    Top Five Cancer Misconceptions - TIME

EHSO's Safety links for OSHA and DOL standards

There is a device that you can put on your phone so it doesn't heat up and is suppose to reduce the chances of cancer. I forget who sells them.

Other than that all I know is limit your time on them
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2008, 12:14 AM
    Wait. Your phone can make your razor turn on?. really? I've never heard of this before. Regardless, cancer from using your phone... as n0help4u said, the jury's still out there on that. I've had patients come in who are literally glued to their phone (I had to take the phone away from a patient as she was on the phone WHILE we were about to get her an MRI) and they seemed absolutely fine.

As far as your clicking... good chance there's a hair on your pillow going into your ear? Is there a chance you have hair IN your ear? This may also seem gross... but is there a chance there's a bug in your ear? I ask this because at least 20 or so patients come into the clinic with a bug in their ear... and they complain about hearing static when they're trying to sleep.
    supriya _82 Posts: 241, Reputation: 24

Mar 4, 2008, 01:10 AM
    Since you are 68, it is possible that the hearing in your ear is ever so slightly getting weaker i.e. the nerve is getting weaker (age related). If you have diabetes & hypertension my guess is that it IS early signs of nerve getting weaker. Also you mentioned that your other ear was already weak (You have not mentioned the reason). Nothingto be very concerned about
    You are experiencing tinnitus (tinnitus can sound different for every people). You might hear the clicking by just blocking your ear with you finger (need not be the pillow) or if you are in a completely quiet environment.
    As for the cell phone would not harm if you start using a CORDED earpiece & microphone NOT A BLUETOOTH. The idea is to keep the cell- the emitter of microwaves, some distance away from the ear.
    As for the "hammer" I assume you are referring to the "malleus" which is the tiny bone in the ear, its function is purely mechanical & any sort of "charge" - if at all, will not prodce sound. The electrical activity takes place in the inner ear.
    Mark1324 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2010, 08:29 AM
    I stopped my ear clicking by using Debrox wax remover and Mucinex D which will dry up any liquid behind the ear drum. It worked for me so far.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Clicking My Ear! [ 2 Answers ]

:) Hi my name is Damian I'm 19 and for about 7 years now I've clicking my ear, it may sound a little strange but basiclly I take the main part of my ear pull it back and push forward making it click. I really hate doing it but I simple can't stop, most of the time it's instinctive and I don't...

Clicking in one ear [ 1 Answers ]

I get clicking in my right ear occasionally. It becomes very loud and annoying. This is in addition to other things with my ears. I have had a constant ringing in both ears for some time now. The frequency is around 6000 cycles and very loud. Doctors say that it might be something on the auditory...

Clicking in the ear [ 2 Answers ]

Hi There I have a clicking sound in my right ear that occurs when I swallow. This is accompanied by a build up of pressure that is only released if I yawn or block my nose and blow (similar to equalising when you are diving). I have had this problem for the last 4 years and have been treated with...

Clicking in left ear [ 3 Answers ]

I Have Suffered From Stress Recently But I Overcame A Lot Of Problems Now I Am Getting Clicking In My Left Ear And Also Headaches , Could This Be Due To The Stress Or Could I Have Damaged My Ears As I Work With Earphones On ?

Clicking left ear and then some [ 3 Answers ]

I was recently diagnosed with bulging discs and pinched nerves in my cerival spine. My symptoms were what I like to call my funky head pains. Sensitive areas on top of my head and also the base of my head and of course pain in my neck. I was put on steroids which did nothing (but make me gain 7...

View more questions Search