Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    REInvestor2008 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2008, 07:16 PM
    Changing deed of trust and loan documents to LLC
    Existing rental is under individual name, registered on the loan and the deed of trust, for the title to change from individual to LLC without refinancing, the bank for a small fee, will convert the load documents and the loan name to an established LLC, but will not allow the deed of trust to be changed from individual to LLC without refinancing.

Question- shold the individual name remain on the deed of trust is it OK, or needs to be placed in living trust?

This is for only reducing the exposure of liability.

Does any one have a good idea on this?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 3, 2008, 07:47 PM
    The name on the deed has to be changed to limit the liability, and this will of course only limit future liablity, if you had some past event, it will not do away with that liablity.

Changing the loan means nothing really as for as claim to the actually property. Ok, it means something's for debts owed and who owes the debt but it does not protect the property from personal claims.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Death Deed of Trust vs Loan [ 1 Answers ]

My Husband passed away Both him and I are on the Deed of Trust however, he is the only one on the Loan. The Mortgage Company will not speak to me unless I have a Letter of Administartion (which I'm uptaining through an estate attorney/public Admin). What I want to do is Default on the Loan and Buy...

Deed of Trust [ 1 Answers ]

If I execute a deed of trust do I need to do a closing or do I wait until the last payment is made. Also, do I need a mortgage or promisory note to go with it.

View more questions Search