Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    manutd4eva Posts: 209, Reputation: 14

Feb 2, 2006, 09:49 AM
    Lol no tomorrow its meant to happen lol 2rd of feb lol

Hopefully ill be OK because I've got a lot of work to do tomorrow and don't want it deleted. I might make a batch file quickly and rename all .doc to .myfileissafefromviruses

Lol

Feb 2, 2006, 09:58 AM
    But its on the bbc they've put another one up about it today

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4673576.stm

Also top firms have had things to say about it
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Feb 2, 2006, 10:03 AM
    Sorry guys,not a myth.A lot of people are going to have their day ruined tomorrow (3rd Feb),as apparently 300,000 pc's already have the Nyxem virus on-board,waiting to pounce.Just don't open any attachment from anyone/any company/any product you don't know.Above all keep your anti-virus up to date at all times. :eek:

Update.Apparently the infected count is now up to 600,000.
    nwsflash Posts: 530, Reputation: 73

Feb 2, 2006, 10:08 AM
    apparently 300,000 pc's already have the Nyxem virus
    OMG?? That's shocking

Feb 2, 2006, 10:10 AM
    Yep its true but the counter on the site has received some fake hits.

They won't tell us what the site is for some reason

Probably to stop people pinging it all night and using the bandwidth

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

XP update [ 12 Answers ]

Can someone tell me why when I download the service pack 2 (update) for windows xp and I restart the computer it says error? And a blu page popup telling that windows has encounter a problem and it can not be started What do I have to do I try the same thing 4 times and the problem persist...

Security Update for Windows XP, 12 April 2005 [ 5 Answers ]

Microsoft Corporation - Windows XP family Security Update for Windows XP (KB893086) Typical download size: 1.2 MB, 1 minute A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to remotely compromise your Windows-based system and gain control over it. You can help protect your...

Can't update windows xp [ 5 Answers ]

i can't update my windows xp...sometimes a bubble will pop up in my taskbar and say "new updates are available"...i'd click on it and it will ask me to install the new updates...it would go into the process of installing then stop and say something like "the cd key is not valid"...then it will end...

Windows XP update failures after Service Pack 2 installation [ 2 Answers ]

Since installing XP Service Pack 2, the few updates that have occurred subsequently have all failed to install after downloading. Downloading seems to reach 95% completion normally and then slows right down. 'failed' then appears against the update name.

Windows update [ 4 Answers ]

Hello experts, I'm not sure but I think I may have a problem. I ran the windows update and got the security update 823559 and a day or so later I received the same message that this update was needed again. I looked in my installed updates and noticed I have a total of 19 security updates with this...

View more questions Search