Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hern172 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Mar 3, 2008, 03:39 PM
    Bullet accuracy
    If I could make a bullet that would spin faster and spin longer while it is out of the barrel would that make a big difference in the accuracy at longer distances.
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2008, 05:54 PM
    Rifling is what gives a bullet spin -- but was not intended to be like screw threads--

They give the bullet a slight spin. Areodynamics and speed probably have the most

Affect on accuracy at longer distance...
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Mar 4, 2008, 06:20 AM
    The answer is yes - if you could get the bullet to spin faster, it would have higher angular momentum, which in turn would make it less susceptible to being deflected by forces from side winds.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accuracy of a ruler [ 1 Answers ]

If a ruler does not start at zero at the edge, but have it set in a few millimeters. How can this improve the accuracy of the ruler?

Punching accuracy [ 1 Answers ]

How would I go about improve my punching accuracy and still keep my speed for it seem that when I put all my will to be accurate the speed at wich usely strike has decreese would you plese help me solve this problem.

Ultrasound gender accuracy [ 2 Answers ]

I had an ultrasound at 12 weeks and was told it was a boy then another at 18 weeks and was told it was a boy again what are the chances of being a girl. Should I have another ultrasound? Also have you heard of the draino test? Is it accurate

Bullet speed ? [ 2 Answers ]

Help me settle a bet. If a man shoots a bullet out of a gun straight up in the air, upon the bullets descent when it returns down and is at the same height as it was initially fired what will its speed be? a) the same speed it left the gun Or b) terminal velocity

View more questions Search