Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gopendras Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2006, 11:30 PM
    Weight training
    I am 46 years old. I have been weight trraining with medium weights for 2 years. Recently I have started getting a slight pain in my lower abs on the right side. Also a slight discomfort is felt at times in my right testicles and groin. Is this a kind of hernia? What exercises should I avoid to give it rest or should stop weight training altogether. The pain is not much and comes and goes. There is no lump as of now.
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Apr 6, 2006, 07:03 PM
    The only way to know for sure is to see a urologist. I had the same symptoms for 15 years, never developed a lump and it turned out to be a double inguinal hernia. The sad part was that the doctors could detect no hernia until I was thirty. Yet the symptons were there nevertheless. After the hernia was fixed the sympoms disappeared.

In any case, I suggest not increasing poundage and avoiding any exercise which brings on the symptoms.

BTW
    The pain on the right side of the abdomen might be related to the hernia via referred pain but it might also be related to the appendix.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weight training after hernia surgery [ 1 Answers ]

I am about to undergo doulble ingunial hernia surgery. I hurt myself on the job but I also am an avid weight lifter. Is this operation going to result in me never being able to lift again or will it be OK after I deal completely?

Weight training [ 4 Answers ]

I am 24 and am going to start lifting wights everyday. I don't want to get big, just fit. I am not to interested in leg excercises, I am going to jog. So I guess what I am asking is does anyone have a propgram for everyday that would get me fit. Thanks a lot

Weight training [ 2 Answers ]

Jus wondering can anyone help me. Any weight lifting excersises to build pectoral muscles? I have a set of free weights but no bench

Weight training [ 1 Answers ]

I need some help. I have a bar with 4 weights. Two 15 lbs and two 4 lbs. I would like to tone up, build up my chest, become stronger then what I am now and just look bigger all together. I was wondering if its possible to achieve all this with what little weights I have. All I do now is have the...

Training [ 2 Answers ]

I have a five year old lab and golden retriver mix. I have a problem with him listening to me outside. He listens good to commands inside but when I take him out or he breaks loose he will not come back to me. I have never hit or abused him . I don't know what to do about it. He knows what...

View more questions Search