Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    natgonzalez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2008, 12:26 PM
    Fraud on a credit report
    Hi my husband and I are trying to buy a house and when we ran his credit we found out that there was a judgement that was not even his. So there is a little bit of fraud going on when I contact the company that the judgment is with they tell me that they are not the ones who made the mistake and that it is the court so I contacted to court and they told me that the company are the only ones that can release this judgment. But I need some kind of form and I am not sure what form it is and they are not sure what form it is so I need some advise in what should I do and what should I tell them to do to get this off so that we can buy our house.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 3, 2008, 12:42 PM
    There is no fraud here, though there could be an error. What you should do is contact the credit bureau and tell them to remove the entry as its not your account. They will then contact the creditor and/or the court for verification. If they don't verify it will be removed. If they do, then you have to fight it harder.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I report an Immigration fraud? [ 20 Answers ]

My friend has had a friend who now is a Green Card holder and working full time, studying full time by receiving government loans. This friend came to US back in 2000 through San Diego, CA and his travel originated from Toronto, Canada. He told his relative and acquaintances that he came from...

With whom do I report immigration fraud? [ 4 Answers ]

I am the concerned sister of a very naiive and gullible guy. He met a woman from Brazil who has both Brazilian and French citizenship. She married a French citizen just to get her citizenship. Now she wants to do the same her to become a citizen of the US. She has already offered him 5 thousand...

How to report immigration fraud [ 7 Answers ]

My cousin recently passed roughly two months ago in a fatal car accident. To my family's surprise, we found out that he was married and had been married for (according to his wife) approximately 3 years. Since my cousin was very close to us; as his family, we feel that if this was a legitimate...

Report an immigration fraud [ 1 Answers ]

We had sponsored a live-in nanny for our 3 yr. old kid from India and within 2 months she mentioned that she needed to go back to India as her parent was ill. She borrowed additional money and soon "left" for India. After about 3 months when we returned from work we found her in our house.She...

Report marriage fraud [ 1 Answers ]

How can I report someone in the us illegally

View more questions Search